Airtran Jumpseat/Non-rev

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What a hero!![/quote]

Forklift Joe gave him the "ATTA BOY" of the year award for such brave behavior.

For Air Tran pilots...

I'm a recent new hire to a cargo company in YIP. I'll be trying to commute between DTW and MKE on Air Tran, do you know if I'll be charged per leg? And is there a posting or info on the proper jumpseating etiquette? I'm new to the whole jumpseating world. I dont want to be "that guy". Thanks

Windsor said:
I'm a recent new hire to a cargo company in YIP. I'll be trying to commute between DTW and MKE on Air Tran, do you know if I'll be charged per leg? And is there a posting or info on the proper jumpseating etiquette? I'm new to the whole jumpseating world. I dont want to be "that guy". Thanks

Unfortunately, you will probably be charged your leg for traveling on critter. Good thing is you'll get where you need to and frankly getting a seat for 25 bucks ain't all that bad. Not sure what the etiqueete is but I would imagine if Ty is up front pole smoking is probably a requirement to ride in back. Frankly, I'd take the next flight.!:laugh:

Capn Mike said:
Yes Ty, I met the Captain, F/O and two of the F/A's. At the end of the flight, after waiting for the Passnegers to deplane, the captain was not in the flight deck when I got off of the aircraft.

Mike

In that case, Mike, I am sorry to hear about it . . . that is not the way it is supposed to work. We always take one off-line jumpseater free. If you were the first one. you shouldn't have been charged. Obviously, by now, there's not much we can do about it, but if it happens again, please let the Captain know, and I'll bet he'll get it straightened out for you.

Good thing is you'll get where you need to and frankly getting a seat for 25 bucks ain't all that bad.
Imagine, this from upper crust, it's the most positive thing he's ever posted about AirTran. I'm sure it was a slip of the fingers and he really didn't mean it.

newnan said:
Good thing is you'll get where you need to and frankly getting a seat for 25 bucks ain't all that bad.
Imagine, this from upper crust, it's the most positive thing he's ever posted about AirTran. I'm sure it was a slip of the fingers and he really didn't mean it.

He is saying that is not bad because he is used to paying alot more for being able to fly. He just loves that PFT.

Latest resources

Back