• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Jumpseat/Non-rev

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
seahorse! Great idea! I don't believe that has been considered up to this point. You, sir, are genius personified. Hey fellas, convene the pilot group and let's get rid of our silly policy. How could we have overlooked this?
Crescent wrench on an OTIS.

Actually, I don't think Critter ever charged for the jumpseat. Secondly, I'd like to know what company you work for. It must be great to be able to just get together with your other pilots and get rid of a policy management puts in place that you disagree with. Are they hiring? Where can we send resume's? We don't like this policy anymore than anyone else and we'd like to see it changed. Until then, take frog's advice and stay away. Maybe if management started losing revenue from the jumpseat it wouldn't be worth the bookkeeping and they'd drop it! By the way, you suggested it and I'm open for suggestions. How would you suggest that we and our other pilots get together and change this policy.

Clyde Frog said:
Let that be a lesson to you, stay away from AirTran. I do.

You just can't help it, can you, Einstein? I figured your obsessiveness with Airtran, your interest in Midwest Express, and, of course, your membership recency to jump the gun on getting your one-month old screen name (Einstein) banned gave it away (& all in 4 posts) Oh well, knock yourself out.

Hey, while I have your attention, what's up with Midwest painting 4 stripes on the left eng nacelle & 3 on the right nacelle (717)? Seriously..., problems with identifying on which side of the airplane the captain sits? Really, what's the reasoning there? At least, ya'll are original. Fly safe.

Last edited:
seahorse said:
What you could do there critter is get together with your other pilots and get rid of that policy of ripping off other pilots for a ride. That's what you could do about it.

DUDE!

I like try to be like cool abouts it, and like tell da peeps we feels bad, but, dude, you jus wont let it go. If me and da Ty Guy would be runnin da Tranny, then all yooos pilots be travelin for free like all da time. But, dude, if me and ole Ty Guy be runnin da Tranny, we be out a da bizznizz by now.

Dude, you bringin up da freaking policy again is like, like, like dat movie I like keep seein on dat TeeVee. This is like dat Bill Murray movie, when he like wakes up and stuff with dat gooofy song on da radio. Itt's GGRRRRROUNDHOG DAY!!!!!!

Ned? Ned Freaking Rhyerson? Dude, freaking A bubba, I'll be like buyin all dat insurance you gots! Dude, if I play my freaking cards right, maybe I can gets with ole Andie freaking McDowell. Ewwwwwww, YUK! Sea-horse, dude, you can have her, bro, cause she's like BO-heemIUM!

seahorse said:
What you could do there critter is get together with your other pilots and get rid of that policy of ripping off other pilots for a ride. That's what you could do about it.
Yawn. Let me guess, you work for someone who only takes one jumpseater.

If I am trying to jumpseat on mainline Delta and I'm not the first offline jumpseater there then the only way that I can get a ride is if I already have an ID90 in my pocket for just such a case. A round trip ID90 on the city pair I use will cost me $199.xx according to our pass bureau and it has to be purchased in advance.

Consider AirTran's policy as this: We take one offline jumpseater. If you aren't the first offline guy to show up then you have to buy the equivalent of an ID90 for $25...and you can get it when (and if) you need it...not 6 months before you actually need to use it.

I don't like our management's policy at all (my previous airline ACA/IDE had a wide open jumpseat policy and it certainly made everyone's life easier) but there's not much we can do to change it right now. Hopefully CASS and a better jumpseat policy will be in the future.

j41driver said:
Hopefully CASS and a better jumpseat policy will be in the future.
We'll definately have both items in the next contract. This B.S. greed policy by management is going to get the deep-six.

If anyone has a problem with our mostly poor excuse for gate agents in ATL, just ask to speak with the Captain. 99% of them will get it straightened out.

None of this would be a problem if management would take some of that fat bonus money they give themselves every quarter and put it towards recruitment of gate agents from somewhere else other than Roy Rogers restaurants and pay them a decent wage.

DonVerita said:
None of this would be a problem if management would take some of that fat bonus money they give themselves every quarter and put it towards recruitment of gate agents from somewhere else other than Roy Rogers restaurants and pay them a decent wage.

Are you sure it is Roy Rogers? I was pretty sure it's Taco Bell. I will ask at recurrent next month.

The jumpseat form should be changed to include 'off-line' jumpseaters with a Captain signature.... I have asked our jumpseat committee chairman to inquire and work to get it changed ..(twice in writing).. and to remove the 'cheesy' photo copy excuse that some agents currently use. All I can say... is it is in the works to better control the jumpseat form and know who is riding on a 'pass' or offline jumpseat. Hopefully the 'pass' thing will get negotiated away in the near future. CASS is being looked at ..Call our jumpseat chair and get it changed !!

The problem is the gate agents just 'list' the pass rider and issue a seat assignment. He11 we dont know if we have people in the back or not who are flight crew. Sometimes tough to tell with companies moving their pilots around .... revenue ticket riders... exec jet.. Cat... ATI... Ryan... Miami Air... etc.. etc... I hope the agents are checking their credentials...

I will call and email again today...

Latest resources

Back