Airtran Jumpseat/Non-rev

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Capn Mike

When commuing yesterday out of ATL I was told by the agent that I was not the first jumpseater and that I would be charged $30.80 for the flight. I said okay and while she was processing the charge I asked what airline the other jumpseater was from. She stated "that there were several of them."

I was the third person to board and met the crew. From where I was seated, I noticed that no other people went into the flightdeck to meet the crew. During the flight I asked the lead F/A if there were any other jumpseaters onboard. She stated none that she was aware of.

I understand the policy of charging after the first jumpseat has been requested and I am very thankful to be able to get to and from work.

I was just surprised to see no other jumpseaters on the a/c after being told that there were several and charged for the flight.

Does any Airtran crews know how this could have happened?

Thanks,

Mike

The gate agent just assumes that they will show up. In the future, I would wait until the end and then see if any showed, then pay.

Man that sucks. I also hear that they (agents) charge a tax on top of the 25 dollar fee. My friends at the Tranny say that they are not suppose to charge that tax. who knows? A friend paid 38 dollars not long ago. I wonder why your fee was different? Nothing against FL, but I can't wait until they get CASS!

FlyAuburn said:
Man that sucks. I also hear that they (agents) charge a tax on top of the 25 dollar fee. My friends at the Tranny say that they are not suppose to charge that tax. who knows? A friend paid 38 dollars not long ago. I wonder why your fee was different? Nothing against FL, but I can't wait until they get CASS!

DUDE, waht else could I be, all apologies, my brother. Yeah, we wants da CASS too, bro ,but it aint commin yet cause we gots all sorts o dat negotiatin to do. It's still freaking great dat we can get dem pilots home, but it ain't ALLLL GOOOOOOD, and until it is, then like I'm like sorry dude.

the next time this happens let the captain know. They charged a jumpseater of mine (the agent said there was another jumpseater listed?? I didn't know off line jumpseaters could list?) and then was to lazy or trying to get the aircraft out on time and wouldn't refund him his money. Since the jumpseater let me know about it, when we got to MKE I got him in touch with a supervisor that was able to reverse the charges. Maybe if we start calling the agents on this when they screw up that will help in getting rid of this assinine policy.

Hey, Cap'n Mike:

Did you stop up front and introduce yourself to the Flight Crew? Because if you didn't, how do you expect them to know you were charged in the first place? Or, if you did, if you had let him know at the end of the flight, maybe he could've done something about it.

Ty Webb said:
Hey, Cap'n Mike:

Did you stop up front and introduce yourself to the Flight Crew? Because if you didn't, how do you expect them to know you were charged in the first place? Or, if you did, if you had let him know at the end of the flight, maybe he could've done something about it.

did you read his post? cause when I read it, it seems pretty clear he did:

Capn Mike said:
I was the third person to board and met the crew. From where I was seated, I noticed that no other people went into the flightdeck to meet the crew.

Let that be a lesson to you, stay away from AirTran. I do.

cobalt said:
did you read his post? cause when I read it, it seems pretty clear he did:

Did you read my post? Because when I read it, it seems pretty clear there was a caveat:

Or, if you did, if you had let him know at the end of the flight, maybe he could've done something about it.

Since you seem inclined to split hairs, "Met the Crew" doesn't necessarily mean he met the Captain. It could have been the Lead F/A and the F/O, for all you know.

Ty Webb said:
Hey, Cap'n Mike:
... maybe he could've done something about it.

What you could do there critter is get together with your other pilots and get rid of that policy of ripping off other pilots for a ride. That's what you could do about it.

Latest resources

Back