• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Word at the school house the other day is 159 total this year. My understanding is that includes recalls, poolies, and new hires.

Curious though, about how long after high percentage strike vote turnouts have TA's been reached at various airlines? For example, Hawaiian had a pretty high number, somewhere around 97% I believe, and reached a TA within about 3-4 weeks, correct?
Anybody else out there that have been through this sort of thing before care to share some data? What was the strike vote and how long after till the TA? I'd be interested in seeing if there's a correlation between high/low numbers and time taken thereafter to reach a TA. I would think the main thing with a low "yes" vote would be loss of leverage at the bargaining table.

The strike vote is just one tool in the negotiating toolbox. It seriously helps provide leverage during the last part of negotiations and gets the troops riled up prior to a release. It won't solve all your problems and is only a general indication of how many would cross, but a vote in the mid to high 90% range is essential for propaganda value. We had a 98% strike vote at ALG back in 1994 and got a relatively great agreement out of it (at the 13th hour after the strike deadline had passed). During concessionary negotiations at ATA we put out a strike vote and got 86%, which was useless as a negotiating tool and as a result got massacred at the table.

Actually u can make money on reserve here. It depends. If you don't fly in the beginning of the month and then fly and get most of the credit at the end of the month they can't urp u back down to 70 hours of credit.

I averaged about 85 hours of credit a month. Sometimes 70 sometimes 95. It just depends on timing and a little luck compared to others on reserve. Odds are you will make more than garrantee.

Mangement doesn't like the reserve and wants it changed really bad.
But considering the raises the FOs will be looking at you will probably make the same on reserve precontract or postcontract.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back