AirTran J/S

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

N tha jungle

Will AT fill the cabin with $25 jumpseaters until the plane is full or is only one allowed? ........or does it depend on the f***in' gate agent?

N tha jungle said:
Will AT fill the cabin with $25 jumpseaters until the plane is full or is only one allowed? ........or does it depend on the f***in' gate agent?

They'll take as many as there are open seats. Depending on the gate agent, you might even get on for free even if you aren't the first one.

N tha jungle said:

Unless he/she hears you calling her a "f***in' gate agent"---:rolleyes:

Even though there may be 5 offline jumpseaters, PLEASE introduce yourselves to the Captain and ask for permission to "jumpseat" in the back--Many times, your professionalism in this regard will be rewarded with a seat in business class.

Stop your whining, $25 dollars is a gift. Most people pay big bucks on AT for a ticket...as much as $89 one way!

What is Frontier charging these days to try and fill their airplanes to keep a little cash flow going in a feeble attempt to stave off the red ink that's been flowing?

So we have to pay for the seat and then ask for "permission" to ride??

Steeler Fan said:
Unless he/she hears you calling her a "f***in' gate agent"---:rolleyes:

Even though there may be 5 offline jumpseaters, PLEASE introduce yourselves to the Captain and ask for permission to "jumpseat" in the back--Many times, your professionalism in this regard will be rewarded with a seat in business class.

One would think with 5000 hours you would have learned jumpseat protocol and courtesy.
I have paid for the jumpseat before and still ask the crew ( not just the captain) for permission. And that was on Jet Blue, not AirTran.

Also, I don't think you have to pay and ask for permission. Nobody is forcing you to jumpseat on AirTran.

Regards...

UAL'01 said:
One would think with 5000 hours you would have learned jumpseat protocol and courtesy.
I have paid for the jumpseat before and still ask the crew ( not just the captain) for permission. And that was on Jet Blue, not AirTran.

Also, I don't think you have to pay and ask for permission. Nobody is forcing you to jumpseat on AirTran.

Regards...

My point is that you're not riding the jumpseat if they're charging you for a seat.

best thing to do is to avoid JS on us. that way you do not have to or ever have to lose sleep on this whole issue.

Latest resources

Back