AirTran J/S

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yank McCobb said:
What is Frontier charging these days to try and fill their airplanes to keep a little cash flow going in a feeble attempt to stave off the red ink that's been flowing?

Spank, I'm sorry you didn't get hired with us. Not everyone has what it takes to be an airline professional, but that doesn't mean you can't still make important contributions to the general aviation industry. You have nothing to be ashamed of.

As an offline pilot you are not riding the "jumpseat" under any circumstances, however you are being given a seat as a "jumpseater" not an ID90 any other non rev interline agreement, therefore the protocol and professional courtesies that go along with that do apply.

furlough-boy said:
So we have to pay for the seat and then ask for "permission" to ride??

I think this topic may have been addressed a few dozen times on this website, but that's OK.

If talking to the Captain is something you don't want to do, then go to www.airtran.com and buy a ticket.

It's NOT an ID-90, it's a $25 on the spot additional fee for additional offline jumpseat riders, so therefore, jumpseat etiquette is appropriate.
That being said, I'd love it if the $25 charge did not exist--

That being said, AirTran's policy gets you on the plane, and heading back home--I'd gladly welcome it if Delta, American, and UAL had the same policy-- I've spent 4-5 extra "quality hours" in ATL, because an FAA or DL line check airman was on the jumpseat, and I could not have an additional jumpseat, even though the plane had 60 seats open in coach--I cannot change their Jumpseat policy, I can only make sure that I prepare myself for the fact that it'll probably happen again soon--It's not the gate agents fault, nor is it the Captain's, so why get mad about it and look like an idiot...just be professional.

Personally, I'd rather have the option of paying the $25 and get home, than stay an extra nite in one of the fine ATL hotels, which pretty much all cost more than $25--At least with AirTran, you have the choice.

furlough-boy said:
So we have to pay for the seat and then ask for "permission" to ride??

You can always walk down the hall to the Delta gate and get denied because they already have one jumpseater. I'll gladly take the $25 jumpseat and pop my head in to talk to the Captain rather than get left behind when I'm trying to get home.

crashpad said:
Spank, I'm sorry you didn't get hired with us. Not everyone has what it takes to be an airline professional, but that doesn't mean you can't still make important contributions to the general aviation industry. You have nothing to be ashamed of.

Sorry to disappoint young fledglings like yourself, but I retire after 20+ years from my current airline...the one that has made money for 30+ years...on July 31. But you are correct about one thing. I have nothing to be ashamed of. Can you say the same? I guess you can dish it out but have difficulty taking it. The mark of a sad, insecure little man.

I guess I really didn't have what it takes to be an airline professional like yourself, thank God.

Carry on trying to make those ends meet. As for trying to "get hired" with you...no thanks. I off to spend my retirement dollars.

5 years ago, it cost ASA employees $15 to non-rev on Delta. So, when the jumpseat was gone...$15 to ride in the back. That was from our own employer! Thanks for changing that, by the way.

Yank McCobb said:
but I retire after 20+ years from my current airline...I off to spend my retirement dollars.

Does that mean you'll be retiring from this board? As much as we'd all hate to see you go, we wish you the best Pretzel-Boy!

Yank McCobb said:
Sorry to disappoint young fledglings like yourself, but I retire after 20+ years from my current airline...the one that has made money for 30+ years...on July 31. But you are correct about one thing. I have nothing to be ashamed of. Can you say the same? I guess you can dish it out but have difficulty taking it. The mark of a sad, insecure little man.

I guess I really didn't have what it takes to be an airline professional like yourself, thank God.

Carry on trying to make those ends meet. As for trying to "get hired" with you...no thanks. I off to spend my retirement dollars.

Yes the old crusty oz has spoke again. Maybe ALPA could lower the retirement age to 55 to get guys like you out five years sooner. By the way did you order your scoot-around yet?

Latest resources

Back