Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran In A Rush To Complete The Acquisition?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In a billion dollar deal I wouldn't expect him to say anything as revealing as that which would give the buyer (SWA) more leverage.

You should read up on effective negotiating. I've been saying all these things that have come true so far. You are too close to the action and cannot see it.

Sorry but I had to chime in on this. It cracks me up when people say stuff like this. It's like they're comparing this acquistion to buying a new car. Wake up!! Do you not think that Bob and Gary are not talking on a weekly or even daily basis. Sure they can't share some private info yet but they are now on the same team. Comparing the SWA/AT deal to the negotiation process involved in buying a car way over simplifies things. And makes you look like an eighth grader. Hmmmmmm......

In today’s economic and competitive environment, it will be exceptionally difficult for AirTran to fundamentally grow or increase competition. By joining forces with Southwest, the combined company will have the strength and resources to effectively grow and compete with the mega-legacy carriers like Delta, which merged with Northwest in 2008, and United-Continental, whose merger was approved in 2010.

Link to Fornaro's comments on Feb 25, 2011.

Sorry but I had to chime in on this. It cracks me up when people say stuff like this. It's like they're comparing this acquistion to buying a new car. Wake up!! Do you not think that Bob and Gary are not talking on a weekly or even daily basis. Sure they can't share some private info yet but they are now on the same team. Comparing the SWA/AT deal to the negotiation process involved in buying a car way over simplifies things. And makes you look like an eighth grader. Hmmmmmm......

Stupidest post in FI history. Well done.

Sure Gary and Bob talk.... like the time Gary told Bob to "Stop hiring, people!" Those are the luckiest Pilots on Air Trans list. The last couple of classes.

Latest resources

Back