Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran In A Rush To Complete The Acquisition?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Obviously he is running out of money to run the airline. Wow, this is going to get interesting.

Wish you guys the best, but I think your CEO just showed his hand and it ain't good. Southwest will now draw this out longer hoping to get a better price or....not gonna say it.

tool..

I read that Southwest will have only 100 new hire openings in 2011. If you are lucky enough to get an interview, you should REALLY tell them how you feel about AirTran. They will be impressed, I guarantee it!

p.s. for more brownie points in your interview, be sure and tell Southwest how your "stockbroker" said that the AirTran acquisition is destined for failure.

I'm not trying to get your panties in a twist sister. But this sounds a lot like a guy who owns a house that he can't afford, and he may have a buyer but he can't hold out long enough to keep the heat and lights on while trying to make the mortgage payments. A savvy real estate investor would wait and buy at fire sale rather than paying the asking price. Not saying that is what's going on with your CEO, but what a strange thing to say while a deal is in the works.

I read that Southwest will have only 100 new hire openings in 2011. If you are lucky enough to get an interview, you should REALLY tell them how you feel about AirTran. They will be impressed, I guarantee it!

p.s. for more brownie points in your interview, be sure and tell Southwest how your "stockbroker" said that the AirTran acquisition is destined for failure.

I thought SWA already hired like 150 this year...so this 100 would make 250 or so total....not bad.

How many did airtran hire in 2010?

I'm not trying to get your panties in a twist sister. But this sounds a lot like a guy who owns a house that he can't afford, and he may have a buyer but he can't hold out long enough to keep the heat and lights on while trying to make the mortgage payments. A savvy real estate investor would wait and buy at fire sale rather than paying the asking price. Not saying that is what's going on with your CEO, but what a strange thing to say while a deal is in the works.

What would you expect him to say?, how about, "gee, I was hoping we can stretch this thing out for an extra six months or more."

Last edited:

That's basically what he is saying. He needs the golden parachute and is worried it could get bungled up with high oil prices. More likely he knows the reality of the Airtran business model and future and has come to the realization it is well... DEAD. If I was Southwest I would back out and get the Airtran assests at a fire sale and call it a day. There is a reason Southwest has not made an offer to waive the Section 1 of SWAPA's contract. Think about it for a second.

What would you expect him to say?, how about, "gee, I was hoping we can stretch this thing out for an extra six months or more....

In a billion dollar deal I wouldn't expect him to say anything as revealing as that which would give the buyer (SWA) more leverage.

You should read up on effective negotiating. I've been saying all these things that have come true so far. You are too close to the action and cannot see it.

If I were you I would do whatever I could to get on that list and fast.

By the way, I don't have anything against you or any AirTran guy. Don't know where that's even coming from. I think your confusing me with loudmouthed Ty who has since been silenced by your union apparentLy.

All the best.

In a billion dollar deal I wouldn't expect him to say anything as revealing as that which would give the buyer (SWA) more leverage.

FAIL:
The price has been set and an agreement is in place to not allow any other bidders. Who do you think he's applying leverage to ?

You should read up on effective negotiating. I've been saying all these things that have come true so far. You are too close to the action and cannot see it.

FAIL:

Effective negotiation ? The shareholders are about to vote. Bobs using his usual approach to "negotiating".

If I were you I would do whatever I could to get on that list and fast.

FAIL:

You're not us.

By the way, I don't have anything against you or any AirTran guy. Don't know where that's even coming from. I think your confusing me with loudmouthed Ty who has since been silenced by your union apparentLy.

All the best.

I had to type this to fill up this space :rolleyes:

I hope you're not this naive.

Do you honestly not believe that Southwest could walk away from this deal at any time?

Latest resources

Back