Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran has reached a tentative agreement!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad the AT reached at TA ya'all need to get used to making a decent wage for flying narrow bodies. As for what happens with SLI, I sleep better knowing that whatever happens life is good.

Of course he will say NO and NO even if he did. He also never applied or wanted to work at SWA. Nor will he answer what is fair and equitable?

Everyone with a lick of sense know how to define "fair and equitable": whatever you can convince the arbitrator(s) to rule in favor of. Your individual thoughts, feelings, desires, reasons, etc. don't mean sh.t, only what the arbitrator(s) deem fair and equitable matters. Do I win a prize for answering the question?

PS, I have never applied at SWA, but I think it is a great place. If I hadn't latched onto my present gig, I would definitely have gladly applied and flown at SWA. Do I get a bonus prize for that answer?

Of course he will say NO and NO even if he did. He also never applied or wanted to work at SWA. Nor will he answer what is fair and equitable?
Yes, and yes. If you want details, PM me or ask me in a Southwest thread. I'm not going to allow this thread to be hijacked further.

As far as discussing "fair and equitable", I've said it once and I'll say it again: Our MEC has asked us NOT to discuss that on a message board, and I won't. You can keep asking or making sarcastic remarks about it, but I'm not going to get into it with you or anyone else. Period. The end.

Now can we PLEASE get back to talking about the AirTran T.A.?

Moderator hat on:

Bull!
I've seen you guys go off on members, even as far as another moderator calling someone an (censored)!
Why wasn't that moderator banned?
He was. After a discussion amongst the mods, he removed himself from the forums for several weeks.

If you guys want to discuss Southwest issues further, take it BACK to the Southwest/AirTran SLI thread. If SOUTHWEST pilots want to ask ME personal questions, do it in a SOUTHWEST/AAI thread or via PM.

There's a LOT that's about to go down at AirTran that's going to require us to have some open discussion, it very well might get our internal message board shut down, and I'll have to get pretty aggressive about keeping threads here on track.

So if you don't want your post deleted for being off-topic, keep it in a thread that is ON that topic and, as long as it doesn't violate the ToS (personal attacks, threats, profanity, etc), they can be discussed openly in that topic. Similar approach to the way we've been managing AWA/USAirways threads.

Thanks,

/mod

Yes, and yes. If you want details, PM me or ask me in a Southwest thread. I'm not going to allow this thread to be hijacked further.

As far as discussing "fair and equitable", I've said it once and I'll say it again: Our MEC has asked us NOT to discuss that on a message board, and I won't. You can keep asking or making sarcastic remarks about it, but I'm not going to get into it with you or anyone else. Period. The end.

Now can we PLEASE get back to talking about the AirTran T.A.?

Moderator hat on:

He was. After a discussion amongst the mods, he removed himself from the forums for several weeks.

If you guys want to discuss Southwest issues further, take it BACK to the Southwest/AirTran SLI thread. If SOUTHWEST pilots want to ask ME personal questions, do it in a SOUTHWEST/AAI thread or via PM.

There's a LOT that's about to go down at AirTran that's going to require us to have some open discussion, it very well might get our internal message board shut down, and I'll have to get pretty aggressive about keeping threads here on track.

So if you don't want your post deleted for being off-topic, keep it in a thread that is ON that topic and, as long as it doesn't violate the ToS (personal attacks, threats, profanity, etc), they can be discussed openly in that topic. Similar approach to the way we've been managing AWA/USAirways threads.

Thanks,

/mod

I tried to PM you but you need to empty your box.It would not allow a PM.

Regardless of the numbers that come out on Thursday, these radical's will still vote NO ( the are a minority).The will never be happy because it is not fun to them. I have lost a lot of respect in some Airtran guys in the last few weeks seeing how they would rather pay Big Bob's his bonus out of there pocket than take a raise for themselves. " Oh but what if the deal doesnt go thru?" Good God man, its done! Get over it! These radical idiots are a laughing stock on the line about how they are on the other boards ALL DAY already voting NO because we might go to war with IRAN. I was one of the 169 that got furloughed and have been living 3 years of hell on RSV with crap pay at this place and if I can get some Money/Bonus before the little "a" dies and make the big bucks at SW then that is what I plan on doing. The vote will show how smart or stupid this pilot group is.

The two biggest heartburns I have are that our hostages aren't reinstated (one is pending, but nothing is in writing yet), and that the senior Captains don't even get Cost of Living (the CA rates in the T.A. are actually LESS than what was in T.A. 2 three years ago), and the junior Captains end up taking a 12-15% pay CUT on D.O.S.

Not sure what being militant has to do with not liking those two things.

Like I said, it was structured VERY carefully by senior management to get the vote, and it will probably pass, because everyone's eyes are on the Southwest deal. Just calling it like it is.

Last edited:
Just be smart and read the entire document. I think that's what most of us will do. The devil's always in the details. That being said, one would be VERY careless voting "yes" on a TA simply because a future merger may happen. All possible contingencies SHOULD be considered. Vote your conscience and disregard the 5% of nut jobs on both ends of the spectrum. My $.02

Lear is right though. Even though I'm an FO and will likely see a 20% raise, (should have been more like 40%), I feel that BOTH hostages should have been included in this deal and senior Capt's are getting a serious sh!t sandwich to swallow. The whole thing stinks like a hooker's...nevermind. You get the picture. :erm:

Last edited:
(the CA rates in the T.A. are actually LESS than what was in T.A. 2 three years ago)

Those senior Capt rates from TA 2 were paid for out of the pockets of the F/Os. Remember that "market" based pay rate for a first year F/O?

The negotiating committee should never accept anything lower than COLA for Capt pay and set F/O pay at 67% of that.

Regardless of the numbers that come out on Thursday, these radical's will still vote NO ( the are a minority).The will never be happy because it is not fun to them. I have lost a lot of respect in some Airtran guys in the last few weeks seeing how they would rather pay Big Bob's his bonus out of there pocket than take a raise for themselves. " Oh but what if the deal doesnt go thru?" Good God man, its done! Get over it! These radical idiots are a laughing stock on the line about how they are on the other boards ALL DAY already voting NO because we might go to war with IRAN. I was one of the 169 that got furloughed and have been living 3 years of hell on RSV with crap pay at this place and if I can get some Money/Bonus before the little "a" dies and make the big bucks at SW then that is what I plan on doing. The vote will show how smart or stupid this pilot group is.

I did enjoy the so called "radical" who believed the global Xanax shortage would cause the merger to fail :D

Remember that these pay rates were crafted by the same people that threatened to fire instead of furlough you.

When you see the rates please calculate the following:

75 hours (new short call guarantee) multiplied by your new pay rate. Compare this to your average monthly credit over the last year multiplied by your old pay rate. You will be very lucky to see any raise.

I agree with you on the RSV issue. I live there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back