Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran has reached a tentative agreement!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lear,
Hope you guys are smart on this. It would be a real shame for you guys if your senior captains screwed everyone else out of the deal of a life time.

You know what else was a "deal of a lifetime"? Getting hired at UAL in 2000.

Times change, nothing is guaranteed.

-back on topic-

The TA is shaping up to be a miserable failure of nearly every stated goal we've been expecting. Standby for details.

Yeah all you guys are just classic. Lets vote it down and get nothing and no release=real smart one of genius ! Lets vote no because I do not need 20.00 hour raise I wanted 24.00 raise. Yeah I admit the bonus sucks, but they really didn't have to settle it at all. Yeah I would have loved to have received AL rates, but the game has changed.

So if its voted down, tell us wise ones...NO really you have all the answers=what do we do then? How long will it take for me to get that 24.00 raise and an extra 4-5k signing bonus. 1-2 years if at all. So I lose 40k while I wait=SMART ALPA is going to take 2%. Its not retro pay=ALPA deserves NOTHING ! 2% of earnings. Bonus is not an earning.

Voting YES, as I figure 40% of FOs need that 20-23.00 hour raise and top 15% of cpts will vote for it. Will pass with over 65% !!

Lets get voting !

Sorry, but that's not how it works. Our TA has holding company language, which requires SWA to adhere to the terms of our merger protections after the transaction date. The merger agreement between the two companies also requires SWA to comply with our contract until we're combined and under a single agreement. That means that the 18 month limit is controlling, assuming the TA ratifies.

It's not 18 months from the announcement, it's 18 months from the DOCC.

Living in a dream my friend.

Sorry, but that's not how it works. Our TA has holding company language, which requires SWA to adhere to the terms of our merger protections after the transaction date. The merger agreement between the two companies also requires SWA to comply with our contract until we're combined and under a single agreement. That means that the 18 month limit is controlling, assuming the TA ratifies.

It's not 18 months from the announcement, it's 18 months from the DOCC.

I remember a certain someone vowing to quit if they were bought by SWA. ( that would be you ) I'm just curious how that is going.

I remember a certain someone vowing to quit if they were bought by SWA. ( that would be you ) I'm just curious how that is going.

He meant she would quit alpa. :)

You sound like one level headed Air Tran Pilot that sees this deal for what it really is. Great attitude and hopefully all the other pilots will realize this is a once in a life opportunity. However, your friend Lear probably won't get it.
You obviously have an opinion; you're entitled to it. I have mine, too. Insinuating that I somehow have a bad attitude about it is highly indicative of where you stand on the issue, seeing as I have only repeatedly said it has to be fair and equitable. What that tells me is that you simply don't LIKE where I stand on the issue, and choose to attack ME rather than the issue itself. Heck, I've been on here DEFENDING your pilots from time to time, but I'm still the one with the bad attitude? mmkay. :rolleyes:

Again, I'm not going to get dragged into a fight about it. This thread is about the T.A., and I'm avoiding (as much as I can humanly resist) talking about the SLI on ANY thread on here. Several Southwest pilots on here and I have talked via PM and we've all agreed, nothing is going to be resolved on this board, so we'll just avoid it as much as possible.

The moderators on this site are a joke. They pick and choose which threads they want to moderate.
Becareful when treading on an anti Air tran thread, or they'll put you in the penalty box.
There isn't an anti-AirTran thread.

I'm the only AirTran pilot who moderates this board.

I stay hands off the website unless people can't figure out how to follow the rules. When someone reports a post, I act accordingly. Most of the other threads I don't even read, nor do most of the mods; we rely on the membership to alert us when a thread is offensive. Sometimes we take action, however we ignore FAR more posts than most people realize.

Again, someone else attacking the person (me) rather than attacking the issue they don't like. If you don't like it, email the webmaster. If that doesn't get you anywhere and you STILL don't like it, find another message board that conforms to your version of right and wrong or go start your own.

/mod

Back on track, details on the pay scales are coming out and... well... it's not pretty. Turns out what I told management in negotiations in D.C. back 3 years ago was actually paid attention to: I told them they didn't understand their voting demographic and had structured the raises at the wrong end of the spectrum to get a deal passed. Management figured out their demographic this time and has structured the pay raises to get the vote passed.

F/O's fare the best, with 20-25% raises across the board, some years more than others (3-7), Senior Captains get a larger percentage of the signing bonus and an 8-9% raise, keeping them around the industry average, but the real losers are the junior Captains, who will actually take a pay CUT. How? Easy. We lost Twomey-Kasher and the 8% pay raise is offset by the 10% cut in credit on reserve with the loss of Twomey-Kasher.

Not sure how they're going to spin this one, but years 6 and 7 Captains are going to take it in the shorts from what I've seen so far. At least the reserve rules will help make reserve more palatable along with their pay cut. *disgustedly shaking head*.

Keep staring at the pretty purple and orange kitty, folks. Sad thing is, it will probably pass anyway, despite selling a segment of the seniority list down the river. *sigh*

There isn't an anti-AirTran thread.

I'm the only AirTran pilot who moderates this board.

I stay hands off the website unless people can't figure out how to follow the rules. When someone reports a post, I act accordingly. Most of the other threads I don't even read, nor do most of the mods; we rely on the membership to alert us when a thread is offensive. Sometimes we take action, however we ignore FAR more posts than most people realize.

Again, someone else attacking the person (me) rather than attacking the issue they don't like. If you don't like it, email the webmaster. If that doesn't get you anywhere and you STILL don't like it, find another message board that conforms to your version of right and wrong or go start your own.

/mod

Bull!
I've seen you guys go off on members, even as far as another moderator calling someone an (censored)!
Why wasn't that moderator banned?
It seems that when talking points hit close to home, you should remove yourself from the fray as to not affect your ability to moderate.;)
Either way this forum is a joke compared to what it used to be, and that's one reason I don't really come around here much any more.

Just a couple quick questions for Lear70. Have you interviewed at SWA before? Do you or have you had an application in at SWA?

Just curious!

Of course he will say NO and NO even if he did. He also never applied or wanted to work at SWA. Nor will he answer what is fair and equitable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back