• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AIRTRAN has a TA ?!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do NPA/FL types have access to contract comparisons?

If not, may I suggest http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com. It's mostly accurate albeit it doesn't cover many QOL issues you might be concerned about.

Don't look at ATA's though. It's concessionary and crap, but others that have not entered BK might be worth looking at.

Saying that you're now on par with DAL is disengenuous at best. BK and concessions again. New airplanes? Please. They'll show up after you're into the next round of negotiations.

Raise the bar. You can do it.

here is what i am saying...we are making money and the experts say we will continue to do so, we are offering around 400 million for medex, and ordering airplanes, all which i dont think you can do if you are not profitable...

we deserve better in this contract, not just for us but for the rest of the industry...if we sign this we may as well just work under the contract we have now...

remember if this thing passes its not the unions fault its ours for voting yes...

I think it's time to petition for a recall of the BOD and President!
If it's as bad as I'm hearing, then I'll be looking for them to appoint an entire new Negotiating Committee, just like last time, or I'll be signing that recall petition.

Door-to-door pay is between 90-120 minutes of pay each month. Loss of that is a pay cut of 2%, so there went about half of our pay "raise" or any of the 2% match on the 401k.

Reserve pilots losing 3.5 hour daily pay is an average 20% pay cut.

Reserve pilots losing their hard days off and turning them into "floating" days just screwed every pilot on reserve and every new-hire to come through the door. I'm not doing that to our CA's on reserve for 2+ years, nor am I doing that to our new-hires.

no it's the worst possible time to do that.
I don't care if it's bad timing or not. Put something out like this and someone's going to hang. If they don't put new people in, they can all hang together.

Which is worse? Having an MEC and NC that will bring us a sh*t sandwich again, or starting over again with a group that's more hard-line and taking a delay in negotiations to do it?

I don't agree that it "sends a bad signal to management". I believe it sends a very clear "We're not going to take it, and we'll string up anyone that tries it again" message.

Last edited:
Do NPA/FL types have access to contract comparisons?
Yes. We're actually using ALPA's R&A (Research & Analysis) services on a contract basis.

They knew what the comparison was, and they signed off on 5% initial raises which don't even bring us out of the bottom 3 Major carriers rates.

Between that, Scope, and the Scheduling give-backs, my NO vote is just standing by for the balloting to open.

If it's as bad as I'm hearing, then I'll be looking for them to appoint an entire new Negotiating Committee, just like last time, or I'll be signing that recall petition.

Door-to-door pay is between 90-120 minutes of pay each month. Loss of that is a pay cut of 2%, so there went about half of our pay "raise" or any of the 2% match on the 401k.

Reserve pilots losing 3.5 hour daily pay is an average 20% pay cut.

Reserve pilots losing their hard days off and turning them into "floating" days just screwed every pilot on reserve and ever new-hire to come through the door. I'm not doing that to our CA's on reserve for 2+ years, nor am I doing that to our new-hires.

I don't care if it's bad timing or not. Put something out like this and someone's going to hang. If they don't put new people in, they can all hang together.

Which is worse? Having an MEC and NC that will bring us a sh*t sandwich again, or starting over again with a group that's more hard-line and taking a delay in negotiations to do it?

I don't agree that it "sends a bad signal to management". I believe it sends a very clear "We're not going to take it, and we'll string up anyone that tries it again" message.

Let's look at it another way...

The Company pulls the strings, we get a TA because the Company decides they wanted(?) or needed(?) one now, figured we'd flush this one and live with what we've got while they drag it out another 2 years. Guaranteed 2 year extention on the rates. Guaranteed? Yep, cause we showed 'em back in December that we have no balls, and this Union would not take it further than Mediation.

Latest resources

Back