• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran going to White Plains!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That place ties with Teterboro for worst "small" airport that never going back to is still too soon.

As someone who grew up in the HPN area (near Hartsdale/Yonkers) and still flies out of HPN in GA stuff, I think this is service that is long overdue. I'm wondering why they chose PBI and MCO. I would think PBI and FLL would have been a better decision. I wish XJT had done this service way back when we had extra slots there. My parents are the perfect example. My sister lives near PBI and my grandmother lives near FLL. They will now become total Airtran converts...since they can avoid both LGA and FLL when visiting my sister and her fiance (and my grandmother).

Now about the airline terminal thing...yea, it is a mess. They should have built it bigger but they couldn't. They were constrained by local politics (shocker). Same thing about the slot lottery and allocation system. All politics. All to keep it from becoming LGA jr. Ironically, the same people who were worried about it becoming LGA jr. have turned it into LGA jr. by allowing the unrestricted growth of corporate jet flying out of there (which I don't mind...it is just too bad 121 flying is restricted). And yea, the ramp people are all contracted...big bummer.

-Neal

180ToTheMarker said:
The ramp is run by the mob.

Actually it's run by Westchester Co. - perhaps worse than the mob. If you thought federal or state government workers were bad...

-PB

humveedriver said:
On a serious note. HPN has a great coffee/snack shop downstairs. Some of the best coffee I have ever had, and they have the best apple pastries.
I'm with you on the pastries, but that coffee? :puke: Unless something has changed in the last couple of months since I've been there, it tastes to me like hot dishwater with cream and sugar in it! UGGGGH!!

The stuff upstairs (same owners) is slightly better, and if you're having lunch there, ask what the day's "Airport Special" is. It's something different every day, but it's $4, including a soda and a bag of chips! I had a huge Chicken Parmesan Sandwich, chips, and soda for that price. It was big enough I took half of it with me for dinner. It's about the only bargain to be had in Westchester County. :D

Last edited:
Enjoy it...

It's one of my least favorite places to go. I know next to nothing about the 717 -- but when 34 is in use, I'd be really curious (as someone else already said) as to how many people you guys can take. I haven't talked to anyone except turboprop and corporate folks who weren't weight restricted off of 34.

It is neat looking down at all the houses though...talk about $$$. Good grief. And, I do think of "Meet the Parents" every time I fly in there...

-brew3

climbhappy said:
sidebar: when one carrier gets out of sequence , waiting for gates there is a nightmare can take up to 45 minutes plus. on Friday eveing, Netjets has a push with all the gazillion aires heading south that causes huge delays getting out of there. typical up north volume and problems.

That's fine with me, I get paid by the hour.

Latest resources

Back