Airtran going to White Plains!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Daily Nonstop Service to/from Atlanta, Orlando and West Palm Beach Announced

ORLANDO, Fla., Jan. 23 - AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AAI), today announced that its quiet, new fleet of Boeing 717 aircraft will soon touch down at Westchester County Airport in White Plains, N.Y. The new daily nonstop service will link Westchester County Airport to a number of destinations geared toward both leisure and business: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Orlando International Airport and West Palm Beach International Airport. AirTran Airways' flights will connect travelers to more than 45 destinations nationwide. All routes will be served by the fuel efficient Boeing 717, one of the quietest, technically-advanced twinjets in the sky, with 12 Business Class and 105 coach seats.

"By extending our Atlanta and Florida service, we're building on AirTran Airways' national network and bringing high quality, low-fare service to travelers in the tri-state area," said Kevin Healy, AirTran Airways' vice president of planning. "These flights will provide White Plains travelers a new low fare, high quality option when flying to and from the New York area without the commute."

Fares and schedules for AirTran Airways' new service to Westchester County will be announced in the near future.

Where the hell are they going to put 117 more people in that boarding area? There isn't enough room for four <50-seaters' worth, let alone anything much bigger.

Joe Bob Leofornia is lost

Ol Delta has got AAI doin the two step out of Sarasota/LGA. Flts only started in Nov, but AAI can't steal any customers away from DL so they are canceling the route in Feb.:D

Next up DL adds the following beginning this summer: 50-seat Canadair Regional jets to M.C.O. from Bloomington (B.M.I.) and Moline (M.L.I.), Illinois; Rochester, New York (R.O.C.); Newport/Williamsburg, Virginia (P.H.F.); and Wichita, Kansas (I.C.T.)......all AirTran routes and all designed to to see if AirTran can stand the pain. Hard to believe people actually choose to fly these sardine cans as opposed to a new mainliner, but apparently DL is more interested in hurting AAI than making money.

lowecur said:
apparently DL is more interested in hurting AAI than making money.

Yep, that's how Leo managed to burn through $6 bil and get them into bankruptcy, while we doubled in size . . . . apparently, they haven't learned yet, but they will.

CA1900 said:
Where the hell are they going to put 117 more people in that boarding area? There isn't enough room for four <50-seaters' worth, let alone anything much bigger.

Maybe you wont have 4 50 seaters there for long :)

lowecur said:
Ol Delta has got AAI doin the two step out of Sarasota/LGA. Flts only started in Nov, but AAI can't steal any customers away from DL so they are canceling the route in Feb.:D

Ah, failed anal cyst Lowecur is back . . . trying to peer through the trees to see the forest.

Here's a hint, Loweturd-san . . . . . many AirTran routes are seasonal service. We cut back on Ft. Myers in the summer, too. We also beef up Pensacola in the summer and cut it back in the winter, since the Panhandle beaches have a summer season.

You know, the last entertaining piece you wrote was the one with your theories about the SWA overrun at MDW, which revealed that even an 8 year-old with some kite-flying experience is more knowlegeable than you when it comes to aviation matters . . . Why don't you stick to what you know.

Edited for inflamatory language. Come on, Ty...lighten up please.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see DAL using more E170s/E175s/E190s in the future to reclaim market share and attack the current low-cost carriers. The E170 is very comfortable and very doable on 2-3 hour flights (max) for business passengers. Note the recent announcement of Shuttle America E170s being used from LGA to ORD and DFW I believe. I see less reliance on 50 seaters going forward except on non-LCC competitive routes (e.g., SLC-Pasco).

Have fun with that place. I'd be more then happy to work for an airline that doesn't fly there. Between the whiney rich people and the constant RA's from GA I'm content never to go there again. If I were an Airtran guy I wouldn't be celebrating.

It's all about the revenue. I'll take whiny rich people over whiny poor people any day, at least the whiny rich people smell better and don't require two shamu harnesses to keep 'em in the seat.

I flew corporate out of HPN quite a bit and didn't ahve the problems you describe, other than the extensive vectors to keep clear of the other NYC airport arrival corridors.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back