• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran going to White Plains!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On a serious note. HPN has a great coffee/snack shop downstairs. Some of the best coffee I have ever had, and they have the best apple pastries. Who cares if we make money going there, as pilots we need only be concerned with whats really important.

You'll also see alot of whiny rich 'smart chicks" with navy suits and briefcases that make six figures.... brains and looks with money is the total package..

sidebar: when one carrier gets out of sequence , waiting for gates there is a nightmare can take up to 45 minutes plus. on Friday eveing, Netjets has a push with all the gazillion aires heading south that causes huge delays getting out of there. typical up north volume and problems.

climbhappy said:
You'll also see alot of whiny rich 'smart chicks" with navy suits and briefcases that make six figures.... brains and looks with money is the total package..

sidebar: when one carrier gets out of sequence , waiting for gates there is a nightmare can take up to 45 minutes plus. on Friday eveing, Netjets has a push with all the gazillion aires heading south that causes huge delays getting out of there. typical up north volume and problems.

Duude, I got a thing for like smart chicks in bizznizz suits, but I gots other things to say, bro.

Duude, if we gots to wait for like 45 minutes, then we like add it to da block time, and like figgure out how much we need to be like chargin da peeps in the Plains. Lemme (that's ebonics for "Let me") guess, it still gonna be a pretty good deal for da peeps in the Plains.

"Hey peeps, you know da deal here wit dis place bein so crowded and like it be takin us like 30 minutes and stuff to be gettin off the gate and like to da runway, but duuudes and duuudettes, dem planner types at da Tranny dat we call our dispatchers know wazzup, and dey like took like dat extra time into account and stuff, so WE STILL GONNA BE ON TIME, so just chill, enjoy the XM Radio, have a brewski, and relax, cause everyting gonna be jus fine!!!"

Awww yeah, we gonna be like dem Beverly Hillbillies going into White Plains!!

Awww yeah, maybe we should like have one a the flight attendants play a banjo too. Too bad we don't have the Jet Blue TV set-up, cause then we could show "Deliverance" and like be making sure them rich peeps get a taste of the "Real AirTranny Experience"!!!

Duuude, I'm gonna be lovin it when da Plains is like one of our best stations. Awwww Yeah!!!!!!!

Personally, I prefer the "fun to play with, hard to clean up after" types, unless you're talking abou marriage, here.

I always thought I was smarter than my wife, until I was in the training center one day, and I saw a very attractive female new-hire pilot . . . . and realized that, if I had married her, then she could be at work, dealing with the weather, crew scheduling, checkrides, and all the other crap, and I could be down at the beach house, living large . . . . and, at that moment, I realized how smart my wife was.

D'Oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
climbhappy said:
Netjets has a push with all the gazillion aires heading south that causes huge delays getting out of there. typical up north volume and problems.

Gazillionaires fly out of HPN?

Well then I think Airtran will fail miserably up there. According to their employee bus, Airtran doesn't carry gazzilionaires. ;) But on the bright side, Airtran's aircraft are younger than most other airline's snacks.

Last edited:
Stifler's Mom said:
Gazillionaires fly out of HPN?

Well then I think Airtran will fail miserably up there. According to their employee bus, Airtran doesn't carry gazzilionaires. ;) But on the bright side, Airtran's snacks are younger than most other airline's aircraft.

Yeah, but how is the coffee?

ooops, wrong thread. :D

White Stains is a crowded little airport. You're going to think the ramp is run by the mob. Nice terminal, though (think "Meet the Parents.")

Ty Webb said:
. . many AirTran routes are seasonal service. We cut back on Ft. Myers in the summer, too. We also beef up Pensacola in the summer and cut it back in the winter, since the Panhandle beaches have a summer season.

Ty, not sure you know the "season" for Florida ends at Easter or a week later as far as loads go. pulling out of SRQ in Feb. would not be a ""seasonal" pullout.

there is nothing wrong with management making a smart decision for a change if AirTran is failing in that market...don't you think?

Ty, not sure you know the "season" for Florida ends at Easter or a week later as far as loads go. pulling out of SRQ in Feb. would not be a ""seasonal" pullout.

there is nothing wrong with management making a smart decision for a change if AirTran is failing in that market...don't you think?

This is a business, not a charity . . . . . follow the Golden Rules:

1) Put the planes where we can make money, and

2) Put 'em where it helps my commute to work.

Maybe this route didn't meet either test . . . I know it didn't meet #2.

GogglesPisano said:
White Stains is a crowded little airport. You're going to think the ramp is run by the mob. Nice terminal, though (think "Meet the Parents.")

The ramp is run by the mob.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back