• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran goes for Midwest Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Midwests' pilot group is smaller and tighter than the rings around Uranus.

Heh-heh . . . we have plenty of anuses around here, too. Does that count for anything? :laugh:

As far as how things would play out if his goes down . . . you may be right, who knows for sure? I hope not, because I am one of the voices that urges fairness and moderation.

I don't want to debate with Ty. He's one of 'the greats' on this board, IMHO.

Thanks! Nice to know that the past 8 years have not all been wasted- someone else besides me has found my posts entertaining on occaision. :beer:

Hmm, who is NPA's attorney in your negotiations? Lets see a retired ALPA attorney. Hmm, how does NPA provide medical, negotiating, legal, security, accident investigations, etc. services to their members? Lets see they pay ALPA for all those. Hmm, how much cash does NPA have available in case that you may need to have a strike center are maybe even a strike? Lets see $0. Hmm, what is the difference in dues? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it the same? NPA was 1% but I think its now 1.95%. Why not get the milk straight from the cow? I'm interested in the direction ALPA takes after the first of the year with the new president.
I would kill myself if I had a 4 day w/ you!!!

Hmm, who is NPA's attorney in your negotiations? Lets see a retired ALPA attorney.
Key word: RETIRED. No longer on ALPA payroll. Experienced, but no longer working for them. Swing and miss.

Hmm, how does NPA provide medical, negotiating, legal, security, accident investigations, etc. services to their members? Lets see they pay ALPA for all those.
Again, half-truths.

Negotiating is not done by ALPA, period.

We have our own aeromedical guys (I just talked to one in October). We retain the ability to CONSULT ALPA, should the need arise, but ALPA doesn't pick up our Aeromedical phone calls.

We have our own legal consultants, none of whom work for ALPA as far as I'm aware (and believe me, the company would have swam all OVER that one in their recent propaganda letter I received, indeed, the company DID bring up the costs involved with having a full-time legal panel on retainer and ALPA was never mentioned regarding them).

Accident investigations? Nope. MEM is being handled in-house as far as I'm aware. Again, I'm sure we have a CONSULTATION contingency worked out with ALPA, should we ever need it.

We DO consult with ALPA for research and contract comparative analysis purposes - they have the best research engine in the biz... but that's it.

So, since POSSIBLE consultation does not equal ALPA-provided, again, swing and miss. Care to try for strike 3? :)

Laugh and joke now, but the 2nd offering will land the hook in the final chapter of Midwest Express. I'm very curious to see how peacably the pilot groups will work out the integration of seniority. My guess is the AirTran side will take a bath, inspite of being the host company.
Ohhhh,,, now you're just TRYING to piss me off, aren't you? ;)

Hi!

From St. Paul Pioneer Press Thu 12.14.06...
AirTran Holdings said Wednesday it would continue to pursue a previously rebuffed deal with Midwest Air.

cliff
YIP

Phay Dude! Aint eeven knowin waht dat cat mnboyeee be sayin eether. Somma dem peeps aint like good at like communin wit da flightfo peeps
!

Best, if you ever get up to Anchorage (after AAI acquires Alaska) I'll buy you a beer.

!

Best, if you ever get up to Anchorage (after AAI acquires Alaska) I'll buy you a beer.

Phay-dude!

Now dats waht Im tawkin bouts! Dude, once a Tranny always a freaking Tranny!

Naw bro, brewskis on me, my brother from a more fill-o-soffical mother!!!

AWWWW YYEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lawsuit?

What good does a lawsuit do? Presumably, the elected leadership (the board) acted in the best interests of the shareholders. If they don't like it, they try and get the board changed to put in place people who will act on the shareholders' wishes.

Points to ponder-

1. This is heating up and is becoming much more real for us Midwest Holdings folks.
2. Is this just lawyers being lawyers and trying to get their name in the paper and a shot at some cash?
3. I wonder how much AirTran is willing to offer to get this done. There has to be a price at which it's just cheaper to buy the darn planes themselves from somebody and expand their own op and not try to buy somebody else's.
4. People around here seem to have a real emotional stake in Midwest- Wisconsinites view it as "our airline". I think AAI will have to make a pretty incredible offer before the shareholders are willing to sell, since it would mean the end of the Midwest brand. Even though shareholders are considering economics, I'll bet the emotional attachment weighs heavily.
5. That said, there's nothing I can do about it except make plans for both eventualities and watch the show!

May the Airline Gods have mercy on us all!

Lear, talk to AP. I think you'll be surprised just how much support the NPA receives from ALPA.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back