• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

airtran furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Per SEC 8-K for June 19 2008 airtran has 143 aircraft. 87 717s and 56 737s. However, I have not seen any 737s with ship numbers above 354.

I believe 354 would be number #55 since they started with 300. Good luck trying to find sneaky #56. Maybe it is roaming the great north central part of the country.

MEH gave 2 yrs flying privileges to LOA's and furloughees.

Anybody have a handle on the expense side of furloughing?

Seems like replacing first year FO's with third/fourth year FO's would carry some expenses of its own, not to mention training costs.

It would seem to be more efficient to reduce the LVI and improve the scheduling inefficiencies, at least up to a certain point.

I've heard all sorts of people throw around numbers. For instance it only make sense when they are going to furlough 200-250 any less wouldn't make sense.

I don't think this to be the case. Furloughing is a function of time. For example if you need 10 pilots less than you actually do, then you must ask yourself how long do you think that you will not need them, if the answer to that question is over a year then do the math - if the training cost associated are less than the salaries then it make sense to kick people to the curb.......

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back