• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Fruloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is not my business but it's a fight and your management throw the first punch, Now i don't know how some of you guys fight but if someone swing a fist at me i'll get down dirty and they'll have a fight of thier life. Fellows you've been kicked just don't let these m..er f..ers kick you harder when you're down.:angryfire :angryfire :angryfire

"Autoflight, set takeoff power". Isn't that what you're supposed to say? Looks like you may have to teach me what to do. And I'll push you down one number..........:beer:

Gotta hope for the best.

I guess you didn't hear about our 'new' LOA. When switching aircraft due to forced reductions, your seniority number will be adjusted so as not to affect those already there!:)

Seriously, does it look like that might happen?

Also, where can one find these 'official numbers'? Was it in the mail, e-mail, where? I've seen nothing aside from this thread, and on the NPA site. In other words, where is the official document?

I guess you didn't hear about our 'new' LOA. When switching aircraft due to forced reductions, your seniority number will be adjusted so as not to affect those already there!:)

Seriously, does it look like that might happen?

Also, where can one find these 'official numbers'? Was it in the mail, e-mail, where? I've seen nothing aside from this thread, and on the NPA site. In other words, where is the official document?

Hadn't heard about the seniority number rumor. I don't see that happening.

All of the offical reduction in force documents can be found in FLICA under edocs. Tough day. Looks like 300 stews as well.

Hadn't heard about the seniority number rumor. I don't see that happening.
I think he was kidding about that part... note smiley face at the end.

The absolutely STONES on AirTran management never ceases to amaze me:

"We're going to put all your probationary pilots on the street and ask you to give us concessions at the same time.

No, giving us concessions won't change the number of people we give the boot.

Oh yeah, if you give us relief on the training department instructors, we'll let you have your job back,,, in 2-3 years after we start growing again. If you're still in the aviation industry.

No, we're only going to cut PART of senior management pay. We learned our lesson last time, bonuses aren't included in the pay reductions for senior management.

But you still have to cut your entire paycheck.

And, oh yeah, we're reducing the Line Value Index (average) to 71 hours, from the 85+ you're flying now.

Total pay cut we're seeking: 28-33%."

Sheer lunacy. I'm wondering if they're DELIBERATELY trying to get a HUGE vote of "No" to take to Tossi and ask for release into self-help being "so far off on an agreement" or, worse, to a bankruptcy judge.

I take back what I said last week. With the way management approached this and the insult after insult after injury, I say the pay cut proposal dies by at least 80-85%.

Insanity personified.

Furloughs blow

The first ones out will get the better jobs though. Always be nice to your FO, because he/she will be your captain at the next job.

I'm former Midway (#2)

I think he was kidding about that part... note smiley face at the end.

The absolutely STONES on AirTran management never ceases to amaze me:

"We're going to put all your probationary pilots on the street and ask you to give us concessions at the same time.

No, giving us concessions won't change the number of people we give the boot.

Oh yeah, if you give us relief on the training department instructors, we'll let you have your job back,,, in 2-3 years after we start growing again. If you're still in the aviation industry.

No, we're only going to cut PART of senior management pay. We learned our lesson last time, bonuses aren't included in the pay reductions for senior management.

But you still have to cut your entire paycheck.

And, oh yeah, we're reducing the Line Value Index (average) to 71 hours, from the 85+ you're flying now.

Total pay cut we're seeking: 28-33%."

Sheer lunacy. I'm wondering if they're DELIBERATELY trying to get a HUGE vote of "No" to take to Tossi and ask for release into self-help being "so far off on an agreement" or, worse, to a bankruptcy judge.

I take back what I said last week. With the way management approached this and the insult after insult after injury, I say the pay cut proposal dies by at least 80-85%.

Insanity personified.

Lear,

After all these things, is your union considering sending these paycut proposals to the pilots? They should not even spend the money. It should die at the MEC level. They should invest that money in preparing the Strike Preparedness Committee instead. It's fairly obvious that the company has no respect whatsoever for the Union nor its pilots. They are out to intimidate you into submission.

On a different note, Bankruptcy is still a tough game to get out of. AirTran will have a hard time getting out of it, I believe. Of course management wants you to believe otherwise. The threat of BK can be a bargaining tool for airline management. If they're smart they don't want to go into it anymore than the pilots do.

Last edited:
Yes Lear, I was kidding, as I was on the other thread about Hydrogen jet engines (not that it can't happen many, many years down the road). Was it the smiley face, or the next paragraph that started with "seriously" that convinced you:)

Sorry for all that will be on the street. We must stand strong. Not so sure the union is helping on that part. Hopefully word of mouth gets around and we get close to 100% NO!

Let's hope (?) the $4 drop in oil today continues.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back