• Friendliest aviation community on the web

labatt

Official numbers

717 CA 35
717 FO 46
737 CA 45
737 FO 51

177 total. 11% of the pilot group

Bump and flush. No furloughing out of seniority.

No Voluntary downgrades. i.e. Jr. Capt to Sr. FO for QOL.

Early exit program. Not sure of details.

Possible leaves of absence.

Good luck to everyone. It's getting ugly out there.

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- AirTran Airways, the discount airline operated by AirTran Holdings Inc. (AAI:airtran hldgs inc com
will cut 480 jobs, or more than 5% of its workforce, because of high fuel prices, The Wall Street Journal reported on its Web site late Monday, citing company sources. AirTran told the newspaper that 180 pilots and 300 flight attendants will be affected by the cuts, which are expected to take effect by early September. AirTran also said it will begin reducing its number of flights at that time, according to the Journal. Shares of AirTran rose 5.3% to $1.98 in after-hours activity, after closing down 6.5% on the day. ]

Saving 16 Million!

Wow! 16 Million in savings. According to the Reuters report anyway.

Hey Bob, you can save an even 20 Mil when you do the right thing and give back that little 4 Mil pay raise you took six months ago. With a snap back of course once all the victims are back to work.

It's the right thing to do.

let's see here.....

97 FO's x $50,000 = $4.85 million bonus for bobby

nice.....................

I believe you mean 177 fos. First post just shows positions lost. 80 CA downgrades total on both aircraft. I'll be going back to reserve, which sucks, but that doesn't compare to being put on the street!

Good luck to all that will be there. Hopefully it'll be short-lived!

I think the subject line should be changed......Furlough to Firing or Terminating. At least at the moment.

I believe you mean 177 fos. First post just shows positions lost. 80 CA downgrades total on both aircraft. I'll be going back to reserve, which sucks, but that doesn't compare to being put on the street!

Good luck to all that will be there. Hopefully it'll be short-lived!

"Autoflight, set takeoff power". Isn't that what you're supposed to say? Looks like you may have to teach me what to do. And I'll push you down one number..........:beer:

Gotta hope for the best.

Funny, spoke with a buddy this morning and sched. was begging for help with uncovered trips. My take, don't help out anymore. Your sec. 6 negotiations are coming up and they want to soften you up a little.

If furloughs have to happen, they have to happen, but I believe that one of your top management guys is a master at intimidation and negotiation. He is rumored to know how to rattle the pilot group. Unfortunately most times he succeeds. None have caught on to his tactics yet.

Also heard that you guys are in much better shape than what you're being led to believe. Perhaps secretly trying to take advantage of some possible opportunities. Of course these are just rumors being relayed to me. But judging from that management guy's tactics I find it very credible and possible. Seen it before, a management like that will have you believe that bankruptcy filing will happen later that day just to get the upper hand. Good luck, stay strong, and no bending over.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back