AirTran Fruloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From the reduction notice:

It is anticipated that approximately 180 Pilots and 300 Flight Attendant positions will be eliminated in early September in conjunction with these fleet and flight hour reductions.

It says the positions are being eliminated. No mentions of furloughs anywhere. You tell me what mgmt is thinking here.....

From the reduction notice:

It is anticipated that approximately 180 Pilots and 300 Flight Attendant positions will be eliminated in early September in conjunction with these fleet and flight hour reductions.

It says the positions are being eliminated. No mentions of furloughs anywhere. You tell me what mgmt is thinking here.....

How many are on probation? Are they talking just firing everyone?

How many are on probation? Are they talking just firing everyone?

About 200, so a handful of the senior probies are safe. In the end, the company won't get away with actually terminating probies. Unfortunately, it might take years of legal wrangling to get them their jobs back. :angryfire

That's standard for a layoff announcement. The positions are being eliminated, and they can be reinstated when the time for recalls comes around.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back