Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran FO suspended for dropping family off at circus in uniform...WTF?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What an outfit, I hear crap like this it reaffirms my decision to leave. As I have said before, the vast majority of the pilot group are super individuals, however, you have a select few that try whatever they can to make others miserable. I wonder who ratted this guy out===scum!!!!

did this really happen?

Ironic that its a circus in question here, in dealing with an airline that most resembles a damn circus.

I'll put $20 in home brewed beer in the kitty that it was your super duper, ex-ALPO (before he was removed from his position as sect./treasurer), well known management mole, Vice Chairman Linden (Mr. Jefferson) Hillman.

1st you elect him in
Now you want in to ALPO
You guys have worse judgement and instincts than a sailor on a 3 day shore leave in Tijuana with a wad of $100s.

I think it's embarrassing for the airline and think someone really should follow up on getting the facts to a local and/or national newspaper.

That's just adolescent management with shallow egos.

You guys have worse judgement and instincts than a sailor on a 3 day shore leave in Tijuana with a wad of $100s.

That's some bad judgment.

did this really happen?
Yes, the first post is the official union update on it.

Tomorrow should be interesting, the union and company are meeting for negotiations in Atlanta. This looks like:

1. Retaliation for voting in ALPA.
2. An excuse to get the NPA to walk away from the table and waste a negotiating meeting.
3. A good way to get the pilots riled up to violate the RLA, and you can BET the company would file a status quo violation if they had ANYTHING to pin it on.

If you had ANY questions of whether AirTran management really DOES play these stupid games with people's lives, this should remove all doubt.

"If you had ANY questions of whether AirTran management really DOES play these stupid games with people's lives, this should remove all doubt."

Touche'!!!

Well done, Sir!

So I'm not a lawyer, but wouldn't the best course of action be to have hundreds of pilots begin wearing their uniforms to union functions? If they are not all fired, this pilot in question could then claim he is being held to a different standard than the rest of the pilot group.

Latest resources

Back