Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran FO suspended for dropping family off at circus in uniform...WTF?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Crow, is this the first time you have noticed such bad practice? Because I can point out a ton of other stuff. This is not an isolated incidence. More like a pattern of abuse.

behavior patterns are what management uses to document termination of an employee...

But when the company does it... its just good ol' american business....

I think you need to get about 200 Airtran pilots to all go to the same circus in Uniform 3 days before Thanksgiving...take pictures of each other, invite the media, etc. If management wants to suspend everyone for 5 days they can do it immediately :)

I was thinking the same thing. Can you imagine the message to management? 'We are not going to take this crap!' Good luck guys.

How about 60+% of airtran pilots give their union a copy of thier resignation letter....

Now THAT is negotiation leverage!

As I understand it, Tranny's manglers suspended a guy for wearing his pile-it costume to a circus??? :eek:

"He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way..." - sage advice in these uncertain times

Isn't it time to get nasty with these pricks? From reading the posts here it seems like it might be time to set fire to the barn.

This just defies logic. When I lived in Orlando and had kids on the swim team there were pilots from a variety (obviously except Citrus) of airlines that showed up dropping their kids of at practice in their unies before heading off to work.
What about stopping for gas on the way/to from work, is that "legal"?

The company wanted the union leadership to agree NEVER to have picketing events with pilots in uniform. If we'd have given that up, they wouldn't have suspended the F/O.

Union leadership told them to shove it, they'd pay protect the guy then win it in grievance, and that's just what we're doing.

Informational picketing event, IN UNIFORM, planned now for April 13th by the union...

Hopefully about 100+ pilots show up so that, when the company suspends them, it causes a hardship to staff. If the company fails to suspend them ALL for the same duration and in the same timeline, then the company is guilty of discriminatory practice.

STAY ON THE OFFENSIVE!!!

Nope. Company still refuses to allow us to go to arbitration ahead of all the small grievances, in violation of their established past practice the last decade.

Still fighting the civil stuff, it's a slow process, but I won't be backing down...

Latest resources

Back