AirTran expected to report "record" profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Paging Lear70

Excellent analysis of the "ta" on your site. We came to the same conclusions about most of the sections, especially scope, scheduling, and hotels. I can't understand how it could have taken so long to present a document with practically no substance and how the negotiating committee and BoD can be so blind to it's failings. That said, there is an NPA teleconference tonight for all pilots. I hope you will call in and help make sure everyone is aware of just how dangerous the document is to our work.

Maybe you should be in a position to proof read the next "ta" before negotiations are complete. What say you?

C.

p.s. - what forum do you thing we will have for telling the negotiators what it will take to get the next one passed; if the crews can't dictate the content of the next ta, all the bitching is just academic

Last edited:
Maybe you should be in a position to proof read the next "ta" before negotiations are complete. What say you?

If you vote this TA down, then recall your NC and BoD and put folks in place that speak for you, you won't need to look over their shoulder and "proof read" your next TA.

That's the whole point of having a competent BoD and NC.

Excellent analysis of the "ta" on your site. We came to the same conclusions about most of the sections, especially scope, scheduling, and hotels. I can't understand how it could have taken so long to present a document with practically no substance and how the negotiating committee and BoD can be so blind to it's failings. That said, there is an NPA teleconference tonight for all pilots. I hope you will call in and help make sure everyone is aware of just how dangerous the document is to our work.
Thanks for the kudos, it's still a work in progress, gotta clean it up just a bit but hopefully will make a bigger push for it when the voting comes available.

I'm off and at home, so I fully plan on calling in tonight and having a few points to add to people's thought process.

You know, Allen mentioned something about that when I went to one of the road shows, and took my number down and said he'd call me "first thing this week". Obviously he hasn't.

I was really and truly hoping they'd realize they are NOT in tune with the pilot group and reverse their position accordingly since, after all, they DO work for US, but I guess they have no intention of doing so.

p.s. - what forum do you thing we will have for telling the negotiators what it will take to get the next one passed; if the crews can't dictate the content of the next ta, all the bitching is just academic
That's what a FULL polling of the pilot group is for, via web polling available to the ENTIRE pilot group, not just a "sampling" via Wilson Polling.

I was heavily involved in Communications at my last carrier, and that technology is certainly available and relatively easy to implement. It would take 20-30 minutes to answer all the questions and would give us a MUCH better feel for where the 80th+ percentile was at on issues, take those answers, and give them to the new and improved NC.

I don't pretend to know what everyone wants, I just believe I have a good feel for what most of us DON'T want (concessions in major QOL areas), and I know that whoever is running things during the next round will need reliable data to go in and get something all of us can live with in relative happiness for another 5-7+ years.

Good luck to all of us, and keep up the good work getting the word out!

You've obviously actually seen and worked under a real contract at another carrier (so have I). Many, many here haven't and that's what makes this place scary sometimes.

Ultrarunner is right on about BoD responsibility. They were either soundly beaten or they just don't know what a real CBA looks like (I think the latter).

C.

Latest resources

Back