• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Engine Failure MCO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why in the world would you evacuate after a single engine landing?

Signs of continued fire in the engine? Other significant damage to the tail (possibly hydraulic or fuel leak) from fan/turbine debris? The fire captain just was bored?
Seriously, you hear from CFR they recommend you evacuate. What do you do? Play 20 questions with them or bail out?

Heard on radio at MCO, CFR said #1 engine - fluid leaking/engine on fire...evacuate

Nice of the company to let us all in on that little secret.

It wasnt a secret. It was on some kind of memo. I remember reading it somewhere. Crewplace maybe. I cannot remember where but I read it some time during the summer or maybe I just dreamed that I did. Being out of my mind is really getting hard to keep track of

Those 737, prehistoric,"step back in technology" airplanes..What do you expect? Oops,sorry...It was one of those super ..Techno-jets.

Look who the company is. I'd evacuate and run as far away as I could. Critter has burned a few on the ground.

Again, the strange hate obsession with AirTran. I know commuting sucks but you should be happy we rejected you, Southwest is a great place to be for the time being. Your 73 type is probably almost paid off, you have new TA, so go be happy! Put on your snazzy American flag tie and your leather Members Only Fonzi jacket and turn that frown upside down!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back