AirTran DRC - judgement !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ty,

Just saying, no one wants to hear or believes how great AAI was and how big a $$ hit the FAT CPs are taking... Neither are really true...we are talking SWA FO rates vs AAI CP rates, that says it all...until very recently (and coincidentally) our FOs made more than AAI CPs...also for the past 2.5 years all AAI pilots would have been enjoying SWA rates if the MEC had listened to MB72 and the MC and 850ish AAI CP seats would have been protected for 10 years...why can't the hardcore SWAPA/SWA/GK haters on here accept there culpability in this situation and move on? You all could be wearing 4 white stripes now (and I know, I would be an FO) think about that...just a little acceptance would go a long way towards unity...

Sorry, but we have the data from actual AirTran pilots who have transitioned, and it is a pay cut for AirTran captains. Up to $30k, depending on longevity, whether they commute, and how willing they are to pick up extra time to make up for the loss.

Why don't you file a DRC, then you can try to gain stuff back that you already turned down. Kinda like a "do over".... You made your bed, its getting old.

Read Page 46 & 47 over again and see how a "neutral dude" sees it.

One last time for the AirTran pilots that don't understand. You would have never got your new contract without SWA buying your little airline. So please quit trying to use your new pay as a comparison to our pay. Your Captains aren't losing 30,000 a year. If you don't like the way SWA is treating you apply somewhere else. It is time to realize we are on the same team now. All the FAT pilots I have flown with have been nothing but awesome guys and gals.

If you want unity, you'd best stop pissing on people and telling them it's raining. As long as you insist on telling displaced captains that they aren't taking a pay cut, when they know that they are, you're not building unity. Stop it!

As long as you insist on calling them displaced captains you're not building anything. They are F/O's, that's the way it was voted on jackhole. You're either in denial or you have Alzheimer's.

As long as you insist on calling them displaced captains you're not building anything. They are F/O's, that's the way it was voted on jackhole. You're either in denial or you have Alzheimer's.

The fact that you think someone who was a Captain and ended up as an F/O after the merger isn't a displaced Captain would pretty much indicate you are in denial.
Seems to me what the SWA folks don't want to acknowledge is the simple fact that how they handled the merger has it's consequences. Yes, SWA got a lot of extra flying but a fair amount of AirTran folks had their career interrupted to make it happen. The AirTran folks don't owe any "warrior spirit" to the corporation that made that happen.

Read page 46 Dan...I'll paraphrase the obvious, ALPA gave up the CP protections of SL9, in order to gain more concessions from SWA, upon realizing they had no leverage, ALPA agreed on SL10 without those protections...

There is a lawsuit against ALPA by AAI pilots because of this, death threats against. MEC mbrs and a recall...PCL likes to call his fellow AAI pilots cowards, but because of him and a few like minded AAI pilots in ATL, the AAI mbrship's (and the CP seats) fate was sealed...

The fact that you think someone who was a Captain and ended up as an F/O after the merger isn't a displaced Captain would pretty much indicate you are in denial.
Seems to me what the SWA folks don't want to acknowledge is the simple fact that how they handled the merger has it's consequences. Yes, SWA got a lot of extra flying but a fair amount of AirTran folks had their career interrupted to make it happen. The AirTran folks don't owe any "warrior spirit" to the corporation that made that happen.
Dan, you seem to be a pretty reasonable guy, but where I see you going off the rails is the fact that this whole deal got voted on by both sides. If you want to argue that there was some sort of "nefarious" activity then you need to prove it. The reason that you can't prove it is twofold, the first portion relates to the fact that you are in no way shape or form involved in any way, so you are are only Monday morning quarterbacking from the sidelines, but more importantly is the fact that there was no illegal activity on the part of SWAPA or SWA. Until everyone accepts that fact we cannot go forward.

If you are truly concerned about the "warrior spirit" at SWA, then I respectfully suggest you put in an application to join the team and come help us remedy our internal culture. Until that time you're simply an outside agitator with only an abbreviated look at what is truly going on via the the multiple internet pundits shaping and molding what you see to be the 'REAL" truth while not being involved. While that role seems to suit you, as it does many others, please understand that the vast majority of us truly involved disregard the views of those with no skin in the game.

Why would Dan want to leave the great job that is Hawaiian for a lesser job at SWA?

It's all a matter of perspective. Dan and I would never see SWA as a better job than Hawaiian. There are many Air Tran guys who will never see SWA as a better job than Air Tran. It's not always a clear case of cash is king. It seems that the SWA guys on this board will never understand that others have different perspectives or priorities.

And drop the "you can always quit" bull ********************. We all know that is not realistic in the major airline world.

Last edited:
Fabulous..... You guys say it's all good, let's put this all behind us and move forward together, yet you continue to act like jack holes on this board. Stop trying to rationalize and sell this thing. It is what it is to each individual. Who are you trying convince? AT guys or yourselves?

Latest resources

Back