• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Penguin46

Good Buy or say Good-Bye
I think good buy.

I'd agree with that. Overseas markets are down this morning, so I suspect it's going to go lower. Just for grins I might put in a buy at a buck. Been watching it for a bit now....

I bought some shares. A good company with a good product, and lower prices than their biggest competitor in ATL. Even if it goes down a bit more, I think it'll come up over the next few months.

Last edited:
Seems like AAI stock is been under $2 serveral times the last 6 mo or so... Wait a week and it'll be all the way up to $2.50!!! United stock is making me nervous... down 15% in a day, then back up the next. Haven't been keeping up with their metrics much, why so volitile? Seems like they are moving more than all others. ?

-TC

Good Buy or say Good-Bye
I think good buy.
Ask yourself if anything has changed for the better in terms of Air Tran's business plan since it was trading at $1.30-$1.50 last July. Is the economy more robust? Fuel is lower, but analysts are showing that AAI will have a loss for the current year and a small loss for next year. That doesn't translate to higher stock prices.

AAI would be a "good buy" - if Delta wasn't putting the screws to them. Delta is using the profits they make from their overseas routes to subsidize their routes where the compete with AAI. R. Anderson came from NWA the most protective of any major in regard to their routes. This could be trouble for AAI. NWA-DAL have some awesome Route Monoplies which will help to subsidize their attack of AAI.

Delta wants to hurt AirTran, not put them out of business. If AirTran were to go out of business, who will fill the void. My guess would be Southwest and Delta does not want that.

AAI would be a "good buy" - if Delta wasn't putting the screws to them. Delta is using the profits they make from their overseas routes to subsidize their routes where the compete with AAI. R. Anderson came from NWA the most protective of any major in regard to their routes. This could be trouble for AAI. NWA-DAL have some awesome Route Monoplies which will help to subsidize their attack of AAI.

You are assuming that DAL/NWA routes and gates will all remain after a merger. There may be some concessions if the merger is to go ahead in order to prevent any monopoly in a given city i.e. ATL.
You say that DAL is "putting the screws" to AAI and "using the profits" from international routes to subsidize domestic flying, where is your evidence of that? It seems to me that AAI is doing OK in the current environment. if you are going to make bold statements such as those you need to back it up with some facts.

Latest resources

Back