• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran down to $1.80

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AAI would be a "good buy" - if Delta wasn't putting the screws to them. Delta is using the profits they make from their overseas routes to subsidize their routes where the compete with AAI. R. Anderson came from NWA the most protective of any major in regard to their routes. This could be trouble for AAI. NWA-DAL have some awesome Route Monoplies which will help to subsidize their attack of AAI.

both DAL and NWA stock are down almost 5 dollars each in the last 5 days, AAI is only down about a dollar.. Sounds like AAI is the one putting the hurt on DAL.

Anderson is smarter then that, They know full well that if they put AAI out of business Southwest will move in the next day and put a real hurt on DAL/NWA.

Ask yourself if anything has changed for the better in terms of Air Tran's business plan since it was trading at $1.30-$1.50 last July. Is the economy more robust? Fuel is lower, but analysts are showing that AAI will have a loss for the current year and a small loss for next year. That doesn't translate to higher stock prices.

No it actually shows that we will make a profit next year. This year 08 everyone has been hammered except one. But our loss for the year has decreases over 30 million with fuel coming down.
http://investor.airtran.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=64267&p=irol-estimates

Last edited:
actually international is where some of the biggest reductions in revenue are being seen.

I am sure DAL will have funds to try and destroy AAI they are way to arrogant to assume anything less than total domination of their and everyones market.

You are assuming that DAL/NWA routes and gates will all remain after a merger. There may be some concessions if the merger is to go ahead in order to prevent any monopoly in a given city i.e. ATL.
You say that DAL is "putting the screws" to AAI and "using the profits" from international routes to subsidize domestic flying, where is your evidence of that? It seems to me that AAI is doing OK in the current environment. if you are going to make bold statements such as those you need to back it up with some facts.

I got it straight from one of DALs Conference calls. And I quote "we are trimming domestic capacity system wide, except in all routes where in which we compete with AirTran." So your trying to tell me all those AAI routes are being kept because they are profitable? A more logical conclusion would be they don't want to succeed market share to AAI. I think it is a smart move myself. NWA has destroyed anyone who tries to get into their territory that they have route monoplies. DAL will be doing the same thing

actually international is where some of the biggest reductions in revenue are being seen.

I am sure DAL will have funds to try and destroy AAI they are way to arrogant to assume anything less than total domination of their and everyones market.

Not to mention the reason they have these funds is that they stole them from their employees, creditors, and shareholders in BK.

AirTran will be just fine. Delta isn't doing anything they haven't done before; at least nothing outrageous in respect to airline competition.

Farm Bill HR 2419 was passed; Congress overrode Pres. Bush's veto (thank god) and the Enron Loophole will be totally closed by Sept 2009. Oil prices will continue to fall as investors realize they can no longer make huge profits and it will return to normal pricing.

The current volatility is due to market fears and will calm down after a new president is elected, whomever it may be, and after the bailout/stimulus package effects are felt.

AirTran will return to profitability and I will make a lot of money and so will anybody else who bought in.

I got it straight from one of DALs Conference calls. And I quote "we are trimming domestic capacity system wide, except in all routes where in which we compete with AirTran. . . .

That strategy worked so well last time . . . . AAI doubled in size, and DAL went Chapt 11. ;)

I think it is a smart move myself.

Notificatiion that Max thinks it's a smart move should immediately signal the death knell for any idea. :laugh:

NWA has destroyed anyone who tries to get into their territory that they have route monoplies. DAL will be doing the same thing

SWA just announced MSP service. When exactly will NWA start destroying them? Just so I won't miss anything.

Last edited:
Thanks for the opinions and data. Hopefully we can all make a little money.

R/

Penguin

Latest resources

Back