• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Cuts Growth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We'll see exactly what, if anything, this press release means in terms of the long term growth plan here.

Right after I was hired here, further hiring was suspended for more than 6 months. The schedule was pretty painful, but I'm glad I was on the property. Now, 3 years later, I'm in the top 60% here, and I personally expect the growth to continue.

One thing that FL717 pointed out, and that I've seen as well, is that AirTran is very nimble and isn't afraid to turn on a dime when they believe it's best for the company. Time will tell how fast the growth will continue here, but I'm not losing sleep yet over this latest announcement.

Steelers 28 Dolphins 17

Irish 41 PSU 17

Home Depot Is Hiring...
Real Men ,then Pilots, Then Children...and Yeh, I Guess Women Too..
Bail While You Can.. Run For Your Lives...
Kill Off Your Family And Get The Money While You Can.
Run I Tell You......rrruuunnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Yeah...and Wear Your Hat While Doing So..must Look Professional At All Times..even While Bending Over!

Someone's feeling a liiitttle biiiitttterrr.

They need to slow the growth to pay the legal fees to fight Bud and the "Heres to you Mr. Low Cost Airline Pilot Guy" ads.

I can not believe some of you guys think this is a negotiation tactic! The board of directors and share holders would run them, (ie. Lenord ,Kolski, Klaus and Fornero) out of the country!!! and I have been here six years.......

I think the remaking of Independence under the veil of compass has something to do with it... Down with Mesaba... up with Compass... its all crap. Too many jets on the east coast I tell you.... once again.. supply is too great for all to prosper. Cut each others throat. Irrational behavior period.

I believe it may have something to do with negotiations. If they think they could fly 190's for cheap.. they would do it in a hearbeat.. please.... Scope Scope Scope.. Find some other carrier and defer deliveries.. who knows what they are capable of.

We get paid to fly safe and take care of our crew and pax. Negotiate till we get what is fair. I say. CONTRACT.

scrub said:
I can not believe some of you guys think this is a negotiation tactic! The board of directors and share holders would run them, (ie. Lenord ,Kolski, Klaus and Fornero) out of the country!!! and I have been here six years.......

The market is giving them a drubbing, in other words, doing what is within their power, since "running them out of the country" isn't really an option.

Yes, it is very likely a negotiating tactic, and it seems to have worked on you. If you have been here 6 years, then you know the 3rd quarter is always soft, and management will likely eat up any profits with more bonuses.

This airline is making money, and has made money every year for the last 7 years. . . . and they can easily afford the contract the pilots have requested. That last $8 million that management stuffed into their suit pockets alone would have paid for a $6./hr raise for every pilot on the property, and their bonus money for the year would have paid for the whole contract.

Are you still leaping out of your seat to do everyone else's job and "save the airline"? I hope not. I sure as hell am not.

Last edited:
ITs ALL ABOUT MONEY!!!

Drive the cost of stock down because we are about to get more stock options.

Then when we annouce big earnings and we have our stock, the price will rocket!!! WATCH and SEE !!

Americans will get tired of MGT. tatics one day !!!

scrub said:

I'm working on 9 years here, and have seen lies and half truths from these clowns more times than I can count. I just don't trust them, haven't in years.

Good post TY. Your right MNBOYEV, scope is paramount. I can see them replacing the 717's with 100 seat "RJ's" for less than half what we make. Can you say wipsaw?

Do your job, nothing more. Plane broken at an outstation?, write it up. If you end up running late, all the better. The negotiating team need our help out on the line.

Treat management the way they are treating you!!

Latest resources

Back