• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Cuts Growth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any ideas if this might affect aircraft deliveries? Would managment want to slow down in increasing capacity if revenue increases are soft?

TriStar_drvr said:
Any ideas if this might affect aircraft deliveries? Would managment want to slow down in increasing capacity if revenue increases are soft?

I would assume to cut revenue growth by enough to make a difference, they would have to slow down the delivery schedule on airframes. It wouldn't make much sense to continue to get more airplanes only to fly them less. I'm not up on that part of the business so I may be wrong. In any case stock is down 14% right now.

TriStar_drvr said:

I know this article didn't mention it.... but the answer is YES..... we are curbing growth by cutting back on deliveries.... thats the mechanism by which we are slowing growth.

We were supposed to get 19 aircraft deliveries in 2007-2008 and they have said that number will be less but its undecided how much less.

Two quick opinions:

1. Constantly evaluating and being willing and capable to change your strategy (i.e. aircraft procurement) irregardless of the short term implications is the sign of GREAT management.

2. AirTran has proven over and over that in regards to corporate strategy.....they change their minds in a matter of days so this latest news may or may not hold true.

Since I have been here, they have said they were growing then slowing then growing then slowing..... time and time again.... and their playbook and decisions seem to be working outstanding..... and we seem to keep a steady growth going.

When it comes to straight corportae business dealings, and corporate strategy..... this management team is second only to Southwest in its proven track record.

hiring question-

I'm just now about to hit my golden 500 hours part 121 PIC Turbine number, live in ATL, and Airtran is at the top of my list.

What is the outlook for potential new-hires down the road? Will hiring slow down or are they still playing catch-up in that arena?

Thanks for any info!

Funny, Airtran slows growth and it is a sign of Great Management. JetBlue slows growth and the sky is falling.
This isn't a slam on Airtran, this is directed solely to all the Einstein's on this board.

Slam away.

mannyaplus11 said:
Funny, Airtran slows growth and it is a sign of Great Management. JetBlue slows growth and the sky is falling.
This isn't a slam on Airtran, this is directed solely to all the Einstein's on this board.

Slam away.

I was going to say the same thing, but I didn't want to be the one who started another 15 page thread war. I would also say that Airtran is 3rd behind SWA and then JBLU.

Airtran will be fine! There is a little thing called Delta, that makes alot of people upsat and they run right to Airtran out of ATL. Airtran is in the right cities ATL MDW DFW MCO LAS , and there are enough people in those cities to support them! I never read in the report that they are cutting back a huge amount.? Maybe I missed it.

mannyaplus11 said:

Slam away.
You are a smart, handsome man.

US Flyer said:
I'm just now about to hit my golden 500 hours part 121 PIC Turbine number, live in ATL, and Airtran is at the top of my list.

What is the outlook for potential new-hires down the road? Will hiring slow down or are they still playing catch-up in that arena?

Thanks for any info!

ASA is hiring if you can't get on at airtran.

Latest resources

Back