• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fine with me. But instead of predicting 11th hour blinks, we better get ready. Right now, we aren't even prepared to strike our way out of a paper bag.

I doubt any CEO wants to be labeled as one that lost thousands of jobs because he refused to increase labor costs by .02 cents. The AAI CEO looks to have a few years of life ahead of him.

He'll still need a job doing something. I am sure most of his other executives would still need a job as well. After being at a company that was allowed to fail that perhaps shouldn't have, jobs will be hard to come by for them. Shareholders would also stand to lose millions. I doubt they want to see that.

Thus, a strike is a very effective yet illusive weapon. If you do get to that point, you're luckier than most. If the executives and shareholders allow the company to go under at that point, then that company never had the right exist in the first place. It was never operated in a manner to be a viable long standing company. Eventually you'd be out of job anyway.

Get you finances in order. Get your SPC ready. Looking at the big picture you've got nothing to lose.

Do you guys think that at least 90% of the pilots will obide by a strike?? Cause my worst fear is that since NPA so weak as a union would pilots honor it! I mean I have read previous books in the past how ALPA and various other unions had to use some serious "discussions" with individuals who were about to cross and decided not to. You guys think NPA has that ability to really get the message across to honor a strike!

With what AirTran pays their FOs, and no upgrades in sight for several years, any concessions would make it not worth my while to go to work. I already make 65% less than a Southwest pilot gets for doing exactly the same job. I have no problem shutting the place down and walking away!!

Do you guys think that at least 90% of the pilots will obide by a strike?? Cause my worst fear is that since NPA so weak as a union would pilots honor it! I mean I have read previous books in the past how ALPA and various other unions had to use some serious "discussions" with individuals who were about to cross and decided not to. You guys think NPA has that ability to really get the message across to honor a strike!

Even if they don't, doesn't like 60-70% of your pilot group commute? That being the case, I doubt any self respecting CA would be willing to accommodate any pilot crossing the line. I'm fairly certain that no DAL CA would do it. Good luck to them getting a ride to and from work.

I doubt that all the would be "scabs" live in ATL. Therefore, no matter if only half the group honors the strike, the airline would probably not be able to run.

With what AirTran pays their FOs, and no upgrades in sight for several years, any concessions would make it not worth my while to go to work. I already make 65% less than a Southwest pilot gets for doing exactly the same job. I have no problem shutting the place down and walking away!!

Exactly! I can be a Wal-Mart greeter and be home every night. (and not be on reserve)

I often see "equal pay for equal work" bills being pushed, so we should make as much as the SWA guys, right?

Latest resources

Back