• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What does everyone think will happen with NPA and management neg.??? I mean say management says oh well we dont agree!! What do you think NPA will really do guys, just wondering what everyone is thinking.

What does everyone think will happen with NPA and management neg.??? I mean say management says oh well we dont agree!! What do you think NPA will really do guys, just wondering what everyone is thinking.

I'm thinking we've been acting like a bunch of pu$$ies.

If we acted like the pissed off airline pilots we are, we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place. Waiting for our leadership to give us the green light is getting us nowhere.

Everyone needs to get their finances in order ASAP.

We need direction (good luck with that), we a strike vote, we need release from mediation.

The investors will sit up and take notice and at the 11th hour, management will blink. Without the threat of a strike/work action we'll never be taken seriously and never see a TA better than what was proposed last summer.

Don't be so sure about that 11th hour blink. Management may be just as willing as we are to shut the place down.

Well look at it this way. At least with ALPA if you get Diabetes or lose an eye you still dont have to work as a Walmart greeter for the rest of your life. I as an ALPA member am covered till Im 65. You unless fully disabled by a mack truck are not. If I am going to pay union dues I want the best bang for my buck. ALPA perfect? no the hell way! Better than NPA by a country mile though. If you were ALPA and you took a strike vote. ALPA national would give you millions to fight. NPA? No im not exagerrating. You woud have money and attorneys to actually fight your grievences. Look at Spirit. They are locked and loaded. They are smaller than Airtran. If Airtran had Spirits resources it would boggle my mind. I truly believe that the majority of Airtran pilots are militant enough. They just need direction and some tools to do the job. If your going to pay union dues anyways buy something nice!

You sir, get it! I've been with ALPA and it would be a great improvement.

Don't be so sure about that 11th hour blink. Management may be just as willing as we are to shut the place down.

This is high stakes poker, what you have to ask yourself is what are we asking for...industry avg. , COLA and clean up the contract, they will not shut the place down for that, if they do than so be it I am comfortable asking for what we were for openers in 2005. The 2001 contract was a very, very significant improvement over our old contract more so than what we are seeking now and that added approximentally .2-.3 cents to our CASM
This 3 year delay from our mgnmt, and the ill feelings that our pilot group is developing towards our compnay was unneccessary. me thinks they saw our kindness (asking industry avg) as our weakness......wrong

Latest resources

Back