• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran BOD recommends a No Vote!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And that's gotten us, collectively as professional pilots, exactly WHERE in the last half decade?

OK, that was a *little* bit of a cheap shot, and I'm not trying to bash on you, buddy... 9/11 and management greed had MUCH to do with where we are today but, in all seriousness, any pilot who doesn't have an MBA in business and extensive litigation/negotiation EXPERIENCE, not just "training", isn't going to last long against Kolski.

I've been there. I've seen it. Some of the pilots on our side of the table were very intelligent people, just ZERO litigation/negotiation credentials and they got served. Period.

The next leadership group must recognize that the *front-line* negotiator on our side of the table needs to be a PROFESSIONAL who is experienced enough to beat Kolski at his own game, shut him down as required, and not lose the battle in small increments, which is what appears happened to the current NC and Pres. Pilots need to be there for direction and consultation, but the company uses Kolski as a foil; we need one of our own.

"Smart" alone just isn't going to cut it.

Lots of our pilots have MBAs... I'm one of them.....recruit them

The only way you will get any leverage to negotiate with is by having: a unified pilot group, a well educated pilot group that understands the difference between needs and wants and a pilot group who has the company against a strike deadline.....

With no deadlines you will get nothing I don't care what pros you have on your side.

Lots of our pilots have MBAs... I'm one of them.....recruit them
Cool... Thanks for being the first to volunteer. :D

The only way you will get any leverage to negotiate with is by having: a unified pilot group, a well educated pilot group that understands the difference between needs and wants and a pilot group who has the company against a strike deadline.....

With no deadlines you will get nothing I don't care what pros you have on your side.
Very true.

On a side note, just heard the Midwest deal fell through - JL is pulling the offer in the morning.

So much for the NPA's black helicopter "We've got to sign this before the merger goes through" theory. Could still happen, but I don't like being blackmailed, and I imagine a large number of our pilots didn't appreciate that approach, either.

My ballot came yesterday. I'm sure everyone knows how I voted but, officially, NO for the T.A., and YES for recalling both.

I actually struggled with the recall of M.S., because he's gotten on board lately but, unfortunately, for solidarity, I believe we need to clean house and start fresh so there's NO hint of prior political issues.

Our we going to be able to vote online?

Yes. The mailing is only instructions on how to set up your Voter ID and PIN in the BallotPoint system. Once that is done (takes a few minutes on the phone) then you will have to either call in to cast your vote or go to the website. Just takes a minute to vote once the Voter ID and PIN are set.

For the record...I voted NO to the TA (or is it the CO or LBO...WTF??), and YES to recalling both.

Latest resources

Back