• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Big Annoucement?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Still think a SWA merger would be a 'bad' thing?

You would think they would be smart and at least use the -700's
If I were a betting man, I'd bet the deal that AirTran made them swallow with the use of 50 seaters makes darn sure that AirTran at least breaks even on them.

Having experienced their use before, I'm quite certain our Finance guys were careful to insulate the airline from the unprofitability of the -200 series CRJ.

In all likelihood, SkyWest gave the airplanes away at cost or less just to mitigate the loss from those airframes not being utilized and get their foot in the door for -700 or other RJ routes in the future.

That said, I'm highly disappointed (although not surprised) at this move, and Scope remains my #1 priority for a future T.A. It also becomes more and more evident than the only thing that will bring about a LIVABLE T.A. is a strike. Not the threat of one, but the actual countdown and walking away for days or weeks. It's the only thing they understand.

Last edited:
Hopefully you guys nip this in the bud before this little MKE agreement gets out of hand and turns into a nationwide agreement.

Latest resources

Back