AirTran announces new service to Key West

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ty
Many "real" airlines designate "special" airports so that only certain pilots can fly into them. They do this for cost affectivness. THEY DON'T TRAIN EVERYONE! Training everyone is not cost affective. Thats why companies dictate "special" airports! But since you know everything, you already knew that as well. But nice try.

BTW... You TEX genius you. Whats the noise abatment procedure into TEX? And I'm not talking about flying up the valley to land on 9! You know so much about TEX that this should be an easy one for you.

Then you made that stupid comment about some guy named Ron. Its obvious you really have no idea what you are talking about!

Last edited:
RAJ.... When was the last time someone screwed up a takeoff? With the exception of a wrong flap setting? What you don't understand is that this is not an A/C performance issue, its a pilot performance issue! The A/C will have no problem, its already been proven on the performance runs... The issue is missing the touchdown zone, having too much speed, and rolling long off the end of the runway. Maybe you don't understand that? If youve flown into a short runway you would know that as well! Don't believe me, just ask SWA! Any idiot can make the T/O numbers work. Hold the brakes, add full power, and go..... I will say it again, maybe you missed the point, AAI already did the testing runs! THEY ALREADY PROVED THE A/C HAS THE PERFORMANCE!!!! Hell, even though Ty and I argue about everything, even he is smart enough to know that the issue is pilot performance when landing, and not T/O performance.

Ty. Sorry, don't know a Ron B at Mesa/Cal light. Only know 2 Ron's, haven't talked to either in over 5 years! BTW. What kind of training do you want AAI to do? The only possible thing would be to make it a "special" airport and allow only a certain few pilots bid Key West. The guys who can do it, can! the guys that can't...... Can't! No amount of training is going to help those that cant fly be able to suddently handle a short runway. How do you "train" someone to land in the touchdown zone? Were not talking TEX, EGE, or ASE here. This is a very easy aiport with the exception of a somewhat short runway.

Do you understand how to get takeoff numbers under FAR Part 25 certification ? Do you know what 3 factors are used in finding a takeoff distance for your part 25 aircraft?

You shouldn't have any trouble landing because your Operations Manual calls for carrier type landings on Every landing.

Peace out

Hey Brah, Akeem's already got dibs on that position :)

Glad somebody got the reference.

Instructortool auditioned for the part where the only line was: "The royal p3n!s is clean your highness."

Didn't think youd be able to answer that question Ty. You TEX genius you!

What's your point? Who cares? I'm sure for your FO's. the preferred noise abatement procedure would probably involve a roll of duct tape, wrapped around your nose and mouth.

Latest resources

Back