AirTran announces Detroit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fletch717 said:
I think we will get people from the south and southwest of DTW. I also believe this is in direct response to Northwest announcing FNT-LAS and Northwest's looming labor problems.

Labor problems...........what Labor problems ?

Northwest Announces New Daily Nonstop Service Between Flint and Ft. Myers
Thursday August 4, 1:56 pm ET

New Nonstop Flight to Start Oct. 30

MINNEAPOLIS, Aug. 4 /PRNewswire/ -- Northwest Airlines (Nasdaq: NWAC - News) today announced new daily service between Flint, Mich. and Ft. Myers, Fla., beginning Oct. 30.

When the new flights are added in October, Northwest will offer up to 13 flights to up to six destinations from Flint, more than any other carrier serving Flint/Bishop International Airport. On July 14, Northwest announced that it will be adding new service between Flint and Las Vegas on Aug. 20.

"Northwest is pleased to offer this new daily nonstop service from our third largest market in Michigan to one of Florida's most popular destinations," said Tom Bach, vice president of network planning & revenue management. "We are delighted to add these flights to our schedule just in time for the peak winter travel season."

The new service will be operated with the 100-seat DC-9-30, featuring 16 seats in first class and 84 seats in coach class.

Currently, Northwest offers more daily departures (up to 11) and carries more passengers from Flint than any other airline. The new service to Ft. Myers will complement the seven daily flights Northwest currently offers between Flint and its WorldGateway at Detroit hub, and the two daily flights between Flint and the carrier's Minneapolis/St. Paul hub. Northwest also provides seasonal daily service from Flint to both Orlando, Fla., and Tampa, Fla., from Dec. 15 to April 30, and weekly Saturday service to those cities the rest of the year.

Customers holding tickets for travel Oct. 30 and beyond on connecting itineraries from Flint to Ft. Myers will be able to change their itineraries to one day earlier or one day later than they are currently booked and switch to Northwest's new nonstop service without paying an administrative change fee, provided they meet fare requirements and make all changes by Sept. 3.

The new flights to Ft. Myers are open for sale through http://www.nwa.com , Northwest Airlines Reservations at 1-800-225-2525 or through some travel agencies. Northwest's new Flint-Ft. Myers nonstop service will be widely available for sale through travel agents on Aug. 13.

New Flint - Ft. Myers Service Flight number: Departs: Arrives: NW 1818 3:00 p.m. 5:50 p.m. New Ft. Myers - Flint Service Flight number: Departs: Arrives: NW 1819 11:20 a.m. 2:10 p.m. Northwest Has Been Serving Michigan Since 1945

Northwest Airlines is the number one carrier in Michigan, serving a total of 13 cities, including the WorldGateway at Detroit plus Alpena, Flint, Grand Rapids, Hancock, Kalamazoo, Lansing, Marquette, Muskegon, Pellston, Saginaw/Bay City, Sault Ste. Marie and Traverse City, along with its Northwest Airlink partners. Northwest is the number one airline in all of these cities and the only airline to offer larger "mainline" jet aircraft in four of them.

Northwest and its Northwest Airlink partners serve 13 Florida cities, including Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers, Ft. Walton Beach, Gainesville, Jacksonville, Miami, Orlando, Panama City, Pensacola, Sarasota, Tallahassee, Tampa, and West Palm Beach.

Northwest Airlines is the world's fourth largest airline with hubs at Detroit, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Memphis, Tokyo and Amsterdam, and approximately 1,600 daily departures. Northwest is a member of SkyTeam, an airline alliance that offers customers one of the world's most extensive global networks. Northwest and its travel partners serve more than 900 cities in excess of 160 countries on six continents.

No labor problems? other than the flight attendants and the mechanics right. Northwest has lost 2.4 billion over the last 4 years and continues to lose money. Northwest has indicated they most likely will file bankruptcy in sept. That's the point I was making, I'm sorry if you are offended but the facts above are true according to Northwest's own company statements.

Last edited:
Fletch,

I think most airlines with labor unions (except WN right now) are having problems with their management/labor relations. How are your talks going?

Bye Bye--General Lee

General, I agree but northwest has a strike date of 20 AUG. I would consider that a big labor problem

Look down about 8 threads, I responded to the question about our negotiations.

Last edited:
General Lee said:
Fletch,

How are your talks going?

Bye Bye--General Lee

They arent.

From Fletch 717...
No labor problems? other than the flight attendants and the mechanics right.
Pssst......go look up sarcasm in your dictionary.

Northwest has indicated they most likely will file bankruptcy in sept.
Really ? Do you have a source ? (Someone besides Ms. Cleo...)

I'm sorry if you are offended but the facts above are true according to Northwest's own company statements.
It would take a lot more than that to offend me. I've lived through worse......

320AV8R

Last edited:
You forgot to quote the 2.4 billion loss, what's the comeback for that?

fletch717 said:
You forgot to quote the 2.4 billion loss, what's the comeback for that?

No comeback needed. They are losing $$$$, like nobody knew that.

It doesn't prove your argument that they plan to file in Sept.

320AV8R

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back