• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran and SWA?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We will know when we stroll up to the jetway and are greeted by either Elton John, Danica, Foxy, Flip, Big Salmon or AK Colleen, Checkerboard, or Blue Job.

Until then, enjoy your days off.

We will know when we stroll up to the jetway and are greeted by either Elton John, Danica, Foxy, Flip, Big Salmon or AK Colleen, Checkerboard, or Blue Job.

Until then, enjoy your days off.
I don't care WHO you are... that's funny right thar'. :D

is delta still crushing the idea of opening up dobbins to dual use?
swa has been into that idea for a long time
AT would open up hartsfield in a HUGE way-- but i think the price would have to be right. And the last acquisition was morris, right? i'd heard that Herb wanted to interview their pilots- but swapa took up for them-- but there was drama in the end that left swapa w/ a bad taste (?)(others can speak better on the subject). In any case, it'd be naive to think swa, both as company and pilot group wouldnt be in the driver's seat-- and the lessons of morris and past acquisitions would be applied in the case

I doubt SWA will merge with or acquire AirTran, but if it does, the law will apply, and the law states that a "fair and equitable" seniority merge will apply. I doubt that an Arbiter would consider re-interviewing "fair and equitable." Of course the average AirTran pilot would be far better off in five years even if they were stapled to the bottom of SWA's seniority list.

Merge away, staple me to the bottom, just pay me for my current longevity. I could use the raise.

So whats the deal with the Frontier-Air Tran alliance then?

Code share with F9 is still in effect. I think airlines can have multiple code share partners.

Latest resources

Back