• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran and SWA?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Woops, now that I think about it F9 gives points to passengers who book on AirTran.

I thought SWA wasn't looking too hard at codeshares, till I read this in the SWA 3rd quarter filing;

During early July 2008, the Company announced its intention to enter into a codeshare agreement with Canadian carrier WestJet. This relationship is intended to allow the carriers to offer Customers a seamless travel experience to a wide array of destinations. The Company and WestJet plan to announce codeshare flight schedules and additional features regarding the relationship by late 2009. Certain details of the codeshare and elements of the alliance are subject to approvals by both the U.S. and Canadian governments. The Company is also continuing to consider codeshare opportunities with other carriers, both domestic and international.

Now that the Delta and Northwest merger has been approved, I doubt there will be any code shares. I believe there will be straightout mergers. With fuel below $70 dollars a barrel as 10/29/08, I imagine the consolidation bids will begin soon. Stay tuned because the ride is about to get interesting.

Concur, AAI is trying to be proactive as it might feel the pinch of the Delta/NWA merger.

Guess what all you merger/speculator/pilots(cause you know)!?...NOTHING WILL HAPPEN!!!!!
Except a few small carriers will go TU each year.
Watch and see...

Latest resources

Back