• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran and SWA W'2 for 2010

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do fly extra and premium time trips due to the ease of it. I am a 6 year FO averaging 150 TFP with only 7 nights away this month...

YES $20,000 alone this month not including 401k as a junior FO. You can kiss my a$$ if you think I'm willing to give any of this up without a fight!

Good job bro, millions on welfare depend on you.

Sacha, it's sad that you call yourself an ex-EAL pilot...obviously not a rEAL pilot. The ones I've known actually have class. That's something you're hopelessly devoid of.

Your obviously stupid. There are no rEAL pilots at Airtran. Just Valuejet Scabs.
I'm sorry. Were you offended by my reference to your hero Cynthia Mckinney?
Or was it the twit Jackson?

Oh, good luck with your protest.

717 F/0 ? Ooooo... Not good. I just read on the company e-mail that you guys gave Gary the finger again today. You should put the shovels down and quit digging. This economy is bad and it's getting worse. Your picking an awful time to be playing chicken with SWA.

Last edited:
6 yr FO
Last time I looked I was low 50% ish in my base
M-Tu-W lines plus generally pick up a 2 or sometimes a 3 day, if it's at Premium.
I'm not a tounament level player, but sometimes I ELITT stuff around to make room for a POT trip.
This month, 18 days off 127 TFP, that's a little better than average for me, but by no means a record"...................................................

And that is an excellent example of the creative way that SWAPA and SWA ensure that the pilot group stays productive while they are at work and are able to enjoy flexibility and prosperity.

The brochures that were mailed to our homes demonstrated a "typical" trip and block times and credit. It has been pointed out time and time again what the AT pilots would potentially gain with this deal.

That is where SL9 failed.
An AT six year FO was slotted behind your 2008 hires.
The last person on SWA seniority list as of 26 Spetmeber 2010 (hired Sept 2008) jumped over 569 number in one move. Moved ahead of every pilot hired at AT from September 2005 until April 2008.
The AT junior Captains would forever be the lowest bidding captains every single month until the last SWA pilot hired in September of 2008 had upgraded. THIS WAS GUARANTEED. No improvement in bidding power for the next 10-12 years..... always the bottom of the bid.
When one of our Captains retired.... that captain seat went away. If a Captain bid back to FO, his captain seat went away. Not a single AT FO would upgrade until your most junior pilot on the SWA seniority list (as of 9/26/2010) upgraded.
30 months from SOC was the timeline to complete the transition. Until you get to Dallas for the training, you would continue to work under our current work rules and scheduling. None of the benefits from the brochure realized.
Our company paid retirement contribution stopped in January 2012..... responsible for paying into your own 401k..... better pay did not start until April 2012.... (essentially a pay cut for three months.)

As I have stated before... this pilot group is not thumbing their noses at GK, SWA or SWAPA. We did not agree with SL9. The financial incentives needed to be put towards the SWA pilots. Whatever comes out will be different. No idea what it may look like

No money needed here all ready have it.

Won't matter to arbitrators.

OYS

Exactly.

Below are direct quotes from Richard Bloch on career expectations in the airlines.

{On the one hand, dealing with the future prospects of anything in the airline industry is nothing short of reading tea leaves or, to cite a far more daunting venture, predicting fuel prices.}

{The resulting list neither realizes nor maintains each and every career
expectations, nor could it do so. No recitation of career expectations ever includes a merger, and no merger can leave all hopes and plans unaffected.}

Last edited:
Wow, some of you SWA guys are a bunch arrogant pr!cks! I'm sure it's not the majority, but it only takes a select few. You guys are not that great. And I know you don't believe it, but you will not be where you are forever.

Your obviously stupid. There are no rEAL pilots at Airtran. Just Valuejet Scabs.
I'm sorry. Were you offended by my reference to your hero Cynthia Mckinney?
Or was it the twit Jackson?

Oh, good luck with your protest.

717 F/0 ? Ooooo... Not good. I just read on the company e-mail that you guys gave Gary the finger again today. You should put the shovels down and quit digging. This economy is bad and it's getting worse. Your picking an awful time to be playing chicken with SWA.

You guys are so far up Garry kelly's a. Being pro-company is good, acting like your better then everyone is bad.

Get over it. Sitting on the airport floor in Newark waiting to board a 73 just to sit out a ground stop with the engines off for 2hrs is awful. Trust me your product isn't what it was. If your not the cheapest, what do you have ?

Trust me when I travel I take Jetblue. They are the ideal LCC to travel.

Texman, I'm afraid you will be sadly disappointed with an arbitrator's award if this is your expectation. Now, whether the list is implemented or not is another discussion. A ratioed or relative slotted list is the new rave in arbitration these days.

Actually recent arbitrations favor the purchasing airline, wouldn't you agree. How many commuter pilots are on the top of your list?

I do fly extra and premium time trips due to the ease of it. I am a 6 year FO averaging 150 TFP with only 7 nights away this month...

YES $20,000 alone this month not including 401k as a junior FO. You can kiss my a$$ if you think I'm willing to give any of this up without a fight!

An arbitration award is binding. Please use that last sentence above as the SWAPA opening statement.

OYS

Latest resources

Back