• Friendliest aviation community on the web
Weekend off
Holidays off
Time with family
Living in a base you want
Not commuting
Having bidding power

Anything else...

what percentage of the list to you have to be on to have that type of biding power, Capt and FO please? I want to see if my answer is right.

Oh, what base the 3 you have? Or SWA base.

Can't have you cake and eat it too. My seniority is not for sale.

Tex,

It's really just one base for the purposed of any agreement, although Lear likes to talk about being number 7 in MCO the reality is that in SWA eyes they have one base...ATL

Let them eat cake!

Tex,

It's really just one base for the purposed of any agreement, although Lear likes to talk about being number 7 in MCO the reality is that in SWA eyes they have one base...ATL

Let them eat cake!

Well If this does go to the arby, I can't wait to see the list. I think our arby results will set the tone for this type of deal. Wouldn't it be funny if it was worse than SL9. Never the less I think the arby will factor in job security of the airline.

Well If this does go to the arby, I can't wait to see the list. I think our arby results will set the tone for this type of deal. Wouldn't it be funny if it was worse than SL9. Never the less I think the arby will factor in job security of the airline.

Texman, I'm afraid you will be sadly disappointed with an arbitrator's award if this is your expectation. Now, whether the list is implemented or not is another discussion. A ratioed or relative slotted list is the new rave in arbitration these days.

6 yr FO
Last time I looked I was low 50% ish in my base
M-Tu-W lines plus generally pick up a 2 or sometimes a 3 day, if it's at Premium.
I'm not a tounament level player, but sometimes I ELITT stuff around to make room for a POT trip.
This month, 18 days off 127 TFP, that's a little better than average for me, but by no means a record.
I don't have a bass boat, but I'd be happy to show you a picture of my 31' Rampage.

Well lady,

How did you do in reference to all the above on the bottom of Airtrans list?
Oh I forgot. When the arbitrator sees what fine woman you are, he's going to put you in the left seat straight away. Don't burn that recall bridge to UAL/Cont. just yet. Say.....how's that going over there anyways? Fill us in.

Sacha,

You're getting nervous, resorting to name calling. LADY? You are the joke. I think we all can't wait to watch you and your trainwreck as this unfolds. As OYS states, there is nothing you can do about it, except I guess calling people "lady." LOL!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Oys/general lee or whoever you are this hour. Since you guys/gals at Airtran spend so much out of pocket for your medical, maybe you should get some of it back by seeking some psychiatric counseling regarding your gender/personality disorder. Just remember to note that on your next FAA physical. Now go ahead and morph into OYS as her personality is much more entertaining than yours.........

Oys/general lee or whoever you are this hour. Since you guys/gals at Airtran spend so much out of pocket for your medical, maybe you should get some of it back by seeking some psychiatric counseling regarding your gender/personality disorder. Just remember to note that on your next FAA physical. Now go ahead and morph into OYS as her personality is much more entertaining than yours.........

Wow, that was funny George Lopez. Anyway, back to what you are TRYING to divert attention from, your very interesting situation, that will be fun to watch. What a bunch of pompous jerks some of you are. Couldn't be happening to a better group. Enjoy the ride, we will.

Bye Bye---General Lee

6 yr FO
Last time I looked I was low 50% ish in my base
M-Tu-W lines plus generally pick up a 2 or sometimes a 3 day, if it's at Premium.
I'm not a tounament level player, but sometimes I ELITT stuff around to make room for a POT trip.
This month, 18 days off 127 TFP, that's a little better than average for me, but by no means a record"...................................................

And that is an excellent example of the creative way that SWAPA and SWA ensure that the pilot group stays productive while they are at work and are able to enjoy flexibility and prosperity.

The brochures that were mailed to our homes demonstrated a "typical" trip and block times and credit. It has been pointed out time and time again what the AT pilots would potentially gain with this deal.

That is where SL9 failed.
An AT six year FO was slotted behind your 2008 hires.
The last person on SWA seniority list as of 26 Spetmeber 2010 (hired Sept 2008) jumped over 569 number in one move. Moved ahead of every pilot hired at AT from September 2005 until April 2008.
The AT junior Captains would forever be the lowest bidding captains every single month until the last SWA pilot hired in September of 2008 had upgraded. THIS WAS GUARANTEED. No improvement in bidding power for the next 10-12 years..... always the bottom of the bid.
When one of our Captains retired.... that captain seat went away. If a Captain bid back to FO, his captain seat went away. Not a single AT FO would upgrade until your most junior pilot on the SWA seniority list (as of 9/26/2010) upgraded.
30 months from SOC was the timeline to complete the transition. Until you get to Dallas for the training, you would continue to work under our current work rules and scheduling. None of the benefits from the brochure realized.
Our company paid retirement contribution stopped in January 2012..... responsible for paying into your own 401k..... better pay did not start until April 2012.... (essentially a pay cut for three months.)

As I have stated before... this pilot group is not thumbing their noses at GK, SWA or SWAPA. We did not agree with SL9. The financial incentives needed to be put towards the SWA pilots. Whatever comes out will be different. No idea what it may look like

Sacha, it's sad that you call yourself an ex-EAL pilot...obviously not a rEAL pilot. The ones I've known actually have class. That's something you're hopelessly devoid of.

Latest resources

Back