Airtran=alpa!!!! The Time Is Now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

8v8tr

I must say that I am not a fan of ALPA, until I realize how worthless the NPA truly is.

How do we get a vote started to bring ALPA on property?

Flame away, or good idea?

Thoughts/Suggestions!!!

It's about time AirTran pilots started talking about this!

You know what... Screw the junior guys... Just fire them. You know what, thats what AAI mgt would have done. And they would have never hired any of you back. Give the NPA some credit. The did the best with a bad situation. Don't blame them for a chity contract that past NPA BOD's voted for. Have you ever seen a real airline contract???? Have you seen the current contract that we fly under??? It is so full of wholes its not even funny. Give the current NPA the benefit of the doubt. They are dealing with a contract that sells the farm to the company. Their hands are tied to an extent. THANK GOD THE TA III GOT VOTED DOWN. Let them get a decent contract that doesn't have so many chity grey areas and let them work... For god sakes, don't blame the current NPA for the usless retards we had before. Unfortunatly, the current NPA is having to deal with the decision of the usless NPA ran under AP and others before him...

Let me clear up my first post. I don't think the NPA is worthless, actually I do feel that they have done a good job with the tools that they have at their disposal.

That being said, they are worthless against our mgmt team hear at AAI and they need the larger tool case that ALPA can provide. We need a union with National roots and a group of lawers that are bigger and badder then union busting old dogs like SK, and RF.

This post by no means is bash fest for the current leaders of the NPA, Like I said we just need bigger and better guns to work with the mgmt team at AAI and I think ALPA may help>

Flame away!!

Agreed. This isn't about attacking the NPA. This is about realizing that we've outgrown our in-house union. It's time for a real legal team, a real communications department, a real committee structure, real lobbying power, etc... In short, it's time that we acted like the major airline that we are. It's time to become part of the real national pilots union.

You're right, ALPA has done wonders for all the airlines that have joined. Lets see, maybe we could get a bitchen contract like MESA. That would be sweet. NOT

Just start sending them money.

It's the most expensive magazine subscription you'll ever get.

Well, at least we'd have the magazine. That's a step up from what we've got now. Not to mention that ALPA dues are less than NPA dues.

Latest resources

Back