• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran 717s to fly for Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Very professional of you, my little UPT boy. Grow up and pay your fellow and future coworkers some respect. I know this is your first airline and all but Really - do you have to act like that?

This was also posted this morning on Yahoo Finance " Mootly Fool"comments. It like some guys pulled the pin on a grenade but forgot to throw.

Nsacaptain

I am a pilot for Southwest and was once a very happy employee. After this merger and ridiculous pilot seniority list integration, I am now a disgruntled employee for life. This was a huge mistake on the part of the airline. There are many of us that lost the "warrior" spirit that made the airline successful in the past.

Nsacaptain

The fact is that "those guys" got the huge windfall. Starting with pay 2 MIL ++ over a 15 year career. Up to five weeks paid vacation which in "Kool Aide Land" equates to 15+ paid weeks off in a year. The most generous sick time accrual in the industry.Extremely generous and virtually no cost health insurance. One of the top 5 401k and profit sharing plans in the WORLD with 9.3% dollar for dollar matching. The most flexible and efficient flight schedules in the industry. Virtually limitless overtime availability. Tell me how often at AirTran you can go to work for two and a half days and make $12000 because that's the way it is in "Kool aide land" all before the culture was ruined. As for "those guys will be great to work with" many of us will never know because when they show up at many planes, they will be sent marching. What was it that was given to Southwest pilots? The fact is that many of them about 1800 of them in fact will be forced to give up their weekends with their families in order to work, they will be forced to commute cross country to report to work, they will loose out to holding the vacations over holidays or having that time off.*****
One final note, the author o this article was dead on in his evaluation of "Tran Wreck" I have traveled on them many, many times and can tell you countless stories about their lack of organization, their incompetence,, and outright rudeness. That is not the Southeest way.

This was also posted this morning on Yahoo Finance " Mootly Fool"comments. It like some guys pulled the pin on a grenade but forgot to throw.

Nsacaptain

I am a pilot for Southwest and was once a very happy employee. After this merger and ridiculous pilot seniority list integration, I am now a disgruntled employee for life. This was a huge mistake on the part of the airline. There are many of us that lost the "warrior" spirit that made the airline successful in the past.

Nsacaptain

The fact is that "those guys" got the huge windfall. Starting with pay 2 MIL ++ over a 15 year career. Up to five weeks paid vacation which in "Kool Aide Land" equates to 15+ paid weeks off in a year. The most generous sick time accrual in the industry.Extremely generous and virtually no cost health insurance. One of the top 5 401k and profit sharing plans in the WORLD with 9.3% dollar for dollar matching. The most flexible and efficient flight schedules in the industry. Virtually limitless overtime availability. Tell me how often at AirTran you can go to work for two and a half days and make $12000 because that's the way it is in "Kool aide land" all before the culture was ruined. As for "those guys will be great to work with" many of us will never know because when they show up at many planes, they will be sent marching. What was it that was given to Southwest pilots? The fact is that many of them about 1800 of them in fact will be forced to give up their weekends with their families in order to work, they will be forced to commute cross country to report to work, they will loose out to holding the vacations over holidays or having that time off.*****
One final note, the author o this article was dead on in his evaluation of "Tran Wreck" I have traveled on them many, many times and can tell you countless stories about their lack of organization, their incompetence,, and outright rudeness. That is not the Southeest way.

What a drama queen, there's a group of these folks at every airline and they will always be miserable.

There are two questions here:

1. If the 717's go to Delta and the pilots go with them (it would take a large transfer rate for that to happen by the way), do those 717 CA's get DOH or better and hold their CA seats on the 717 when they get to Delta?

IF that happened, it's just an airframe purchase. NOT an airline purchase necessitating an integration. Offer the folks pref interviews or new-hire status I suppose....

Ultra

Nsacaptain

Nsacaptain

You were much more comical when your mic was stuck open on ATC!:smash:
Sheesh! With all that bitching, you could have at least spelled the name of your company correctly!:laugh:

I think NSA captain is really from another airline, just bringing on heat to SWA.

If not, then some people should just meet and have kids, otherwise this is what you get!

"they will loose out to holding the vacations over holidays or having that time off.*****"

loose/lo͞os/

Adjective:Not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached or able to be detached: "a loose tooth".
Verb:Set free; release: "the hounds have been loosed".
Synonyms:adjective. lax - slack - free
verb. release - loosen - untie - unfasten - unbind - undo

lose/lo͞oz/

Verb:
  • Be deprived of or cease to have or retain (something): "I've lost my appetite".
  • Cause (someone) to fail to gain or retain (something): "you lost me my appointment at the university".

Synonyms:miss - waste

Latest resources

Back