Airnow takes another hit. :)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bell47 said:
If you never heard of them wanting pilots to do stupid/illegal things when you were there, then you must have been management yourself, or were living in a dream world. It happened on just about a daily basis. Everything from maint. issues, to weather mins., to pilot duty times, ect... I was personally asked on several occasions to do things that are ILLEGAL, period. If you didn't want to do what they asked then you had to explain to about three different people that they could kiss your a$$, and find another pilot if they didn't like it. I had refused to sign the taining contract and had a better day job so I didn't have to put up with their BS., and I made that perfectly clear. So smartass, if that is being a "tool" then so be it. A still living, still flying, ex-rattler
I was not referring to you specifically dude. If you somehow got out of the training contract, more power to you. I personally have never heard of anyone starting 208 training and not signing the contract. If someone dropped the ball and forgot to ask in the begging (which I find dubious), than that’s another story all together. There were 4 guys in my training class. We were all not going to sign it as a group. The CP said “the door is over there, see ya.” Needless to say we all signed…

As far as doing something illegal: if you did it, it’s on you. Have the integrity to quit a job and look for something else. I do recall some duty time issues at the MHT crew house and in fact when that was brought up to the company, they designated pilots as “on call” and pilots as “on rest.” We, as pilots brought up this issue and it was resolved in a legal manner. Now you may not like it, but it ain’t a democracy. And No, I’m not management.

I was around when the company fired a guy for landing at an a/p that was below mins. He could have diverted (as everyone else did) and been legal, but skiing was more important to this guy. Yet another example of the company doing what was right.

In terms of maint., some mechanics were better than others. I made sure to do a thorough preflight. I never had any repercussions from a squawk. I’m an A&P and I’ll tell you for a fact that I have grounded both the E110 and the 208 prior to flights. One for a hydraulic leak and one for an exhaust bracket crack. I was always thanked for catching these problems on the line. Were there issues, sure. Most know about the MHT swap to get an a/c to BGR for maint.

You have to recognize Airnow for what it is: a stepping stone. You as a pilot must treat it as such. Get as much time as you can and get out.

Diesel said:
actually icefre8dawg let me fill you in on the subject

The horizon replaced was an electrical one. The mechanic was told to replace it with the other electrical one. Mechanic told the pilot i don't know how long it's been since this has been done and used as a electrical one. Pilot then looks at MEL and says the electrical one can be replaced as long as there is a air one on the other side. Problem is there is another electrical one on the other side doesn't fit the MEL.

But hey the electrical is pulled out and put on the pilot side. The mel conditions are not met. Wait where is the Air side per the MEL. Oh there is none? Coditions are not met. Airnow at fault. Period.

It's maine and the weather is nasty.... what would you do?

Oh that's right the maine human rights board found in favor of the pilot.... A board that has voted in favor of the accusor like 3 times in it's history but it learned enough about aviation in it's short time frame to understand that the pilot was right and that's the end of it.

So he might have had an attitude. Or lack there of due to MX but he was proven right in a court of law. You can't touch them facts.... Or the fact that the mechanic that performed the MX testified AGAINST Air Now.
I’m not sure what story you heard, probably from Aric. But the MEL requires only one operable electric AI. This incident happened in the E110 Not the caravan. The swap from the left to the right side was made. The flight was legal…

I was there.

You can tell jetblast is a bennington boy or should we say a skippy boy.If skippy told him to shoot his mother he would because thats how much of an idot he is.Sorry guy they lost and our going down in flames just like the last three E-110 in the past year.Iam just sorry it wasen't your ass on there and it had to be a good guy. I feel sorry for you jetblast, because you werent liked as a kid or a pilot from what they have said and you have not one friend. Good luck hiding behind your screen name bitch.

Skippy

moto74 said:
You can tell jetblast is a bennington boy or should we say a skippy boy.If skippy told him to shoot his mother he would because thats how much of an idot he is.Sorry guy they lost and our going down in flames just like the last three E-110 in the past year.Iam just sorry it wasen't your ass on there and it had to be a good guy. I feel sorry for you jetblast, because you werent liked as a kid or a pilot from what they have said and you have not one friend. Good luck hiding behind your screen name bitch.

Who is Skippy? Chief Pilot? Wow, can you feel the love on this thread or what!

I worked for them many years ago and it sounds like it hasn't changed much. I was flying a crappy Navajo that the GS wasn't working on. The CP at the time told me to fly to MHT, where it was 200 and 3/4 and to "just fly the LOC approach and when you get to the MM just duck it down to 200 AGL and there would be plenty of room to get it down and land, you don't need a GS, really". That is a no kidding story. I left soon after.

moto74 said:
I’m sorry you feel the need to attack me personally. I’m simply stating my experience at Airnow. Take it or leave it.

jetblast

If you were there when the guy was fired for busting mins to go skiing then you and I were there at the same time. There was more to it than that. UPS had been complaining about the guy for a while, from what I was told. Anyway I too am an a&p and I think I know you. Did the fired pilots name begin with a "W". (i don't want to name names here). You got to admit that maint. was a huge problem with Airnow. When I was there moral among the pilots was awful. Then there were the company rats, like the little wormy kid from Benninington. If you are who I think you are you were a floater pilot, right?

irapilot said:
I was flying a crappy Navajo that the GS wasn't working on. The CP at the time told me to fly to MHT, where it was 200 and 3/4 and to "just fly the LOC approach and when you get to the MM just duck it down to 200 AGL and there would be plenty of room to get it down and land, you don't need a GS, really". That is a no kidding story. I left soon after.

:eek:

bell47 said:
If you were there when the guy was fired for busting mins to go skiing then you and I were there at the same time. There was more to it than that. UPS had been complaining about the guy for a while, from what I was told. Anyway I too am an a&p and I think I know you. Did the fired pilots name begin with a "W". (i don't want to name names here). You got to admit that maint. was a huge problem with Airnow. When I was there moral among the pilots was awful. Then there were the company rats, like the little wormy kid from Benninington. If you are who I think you are you were a floater pilot, right?
I agree with what you said. And he did have issues. But the final straw was bust’n mins. If he had not done that he would still have a job. It pissed me off to see him do that, we fight hard to tell dispatch when we can and can not go. They are not the final word. We are. You, as the pilot, must stand up and be heard. You have to document your case otherwise you will have to go. When he went, IMHO it was a blemish on all of us.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back