Airnow takes another hit. :)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There when it happened

I'm glad they favored Aric. I had an additude when I flew for them too. If you didn't they would hold your job over your head. They would try and press you into flying below mins(yes, no $hit, below mins), and would routinely swap aircraft around to keep from fixing them. If something broke odds were they would just remove it from the aircraft instead of repairing it, ie radars. I was lucky to have a day job, so I didn't have to depend on flying for AIRNOW. They are the type of operator that gives aviation a bad name. I hope you MHT crackhouse guys are careful this winter, good luck.

Diesel said:
Well it just means that airnow is going to have to pay out big. Plus the two crashes in the same type of plane on the same run doesn't help their chances at getting out of paying.
Why, was the same pilot flying both planes that crashed?

One incident will not have any bearing on the other incident unless there is a class action suit. If one person is suing, then one incident will be looked at during the trial based on it's own merits.

You cannot go into court on a lawsuit and point at various and sundry unrelated things and say that they are another reason why you should get money in your incident.

Either you can prove your case or you can't...you can't point at all these other things and say, "and so!"

bell47 said:
I'm glad they favored Aric. I had an additude when I flew for them too. If you didn't they would hold your job over your head. They would try and press you into flying below mins(yes, no $hit, below mins), and would routinely swap aircraft around to keep from fixing them. If something broke odds were they would just remove it from the aircraft instead of repairing it, ie radars. I was lucky to have a day job, so I didn't have to depend on flying for AIRNOW. They are the type of operator that gives aviation a bad name. I hope you MHT crackhouse guys are careful this winter, good luck.
I flew there and still have lots of friends there. I never heard of them “forcing” or “coercing” a pilot in the above mentioned way.

If you did your job and worked within the FARS you had no problem. If you were a tool, you had lots of problems.

T-REX said:
No A/P in the E110....and you call yourself a freightdog!?!?! :)

No man, I was refering to the caravan... But I'd never complain about having an autopilot because I love to read:)

for jetblast

If you never heard of them wanting pilots to do stupid/illegal things when you were there, then you must have been management yourself, or were living in a dream world. It happened on just about a daily basis. Everything from maint. issues, to weather mins., to pilot duty times, ect... I was personally asked on several occasions to do things that are ILLEGAL, period. If you didn't want to do what they asked then you had to explain to about three different people that they could kiss your a$$, and find another pilot if they didn't like it. I had refused to sign the taining contract and had a better day job so I didn't have to put up with their BS., and I made that perfectly clear. So smartass, if that is being a "tool" then so be it. A still living, still flying, ex-rattler

bell47 said:
I was personally asked on several occasions to do things that are ILLEGAL, period. If you didn't want to do what they asked then you had to explain to about three different people that they could kiss your a$$, and find another pilot if they didn't like it. I had refused to sign the training contract and had a better day job so I didn't have to put up with their BS., and I made that perfectly clear. So smartass, if that is being a "tool" then so be it. A still living, still flying, ex-rattler

At $hitty freight company's one must project ones self to stay alive, safe & legal... Because it all on the PIC at the end of the night. In my opinion training contracts at crap companys is away for the managment to force you to do things that you know are stupid & illegal. I salute you for not signing that oppressive document /(*_*) Don't they make you sign it before training starts?

Last edited:
training contract

I simply told them at training in Benninton that I would not sign it. They went on with the training and the day of my checkride I was asked to sign it again. I politely refused and told them that it would be no hard feelings if they didn't want me to fly for them but I was not going to sign it. I was flying the line the next night, go figure.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back