• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airnet Upgrade Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually he was referring to the FD-108. He was also quoted saying that only pu$$ies flew 35s, real men like himself, flew 25s. Not a cowboy? Just ask him about 55F and the hailstorm.

Ahhh...more time to waste, let me write some stuff up here...

Hydroflyer...yeah, i believe he was refering to the fact that i fly the bus now and that it just happens to be made if France...which in all reality only some assembly is done in France, and a lot more is done in Germany...so would it be German then hmmmm...I don't know...but to respond to him on that one...I wanted to work for this company for many years, not because of what they fly, but because of the environment and the people here, they just happen to fly the Airbus...pretty simple.

I do like the statement about flying 150kts in props...here's someone who really knows what he's talking about...yeah right. I guess he knows absolutely nothing about the company...like has been said they also fly lears...and doing 150 in the lear is just about stupid!!! I guess he doesn't know the Airnet profiles either...i always liked doing 200 to the marker and getting it configured as required when shooting approaches to mins...you WILL NOT see the military doing that, they are just like the 121 carriers, configured outside the marker and lsowed to approach speed...talk about easy!!!

5 times the hours thing was also pretty darn hilarious...maybe he doesn't realize that when he buys a plane ticket on a regional carrier that the possibility of his flight crew having only a couple thousand hours TT combined is very high (not saying it is always that way, but the odds are VERY good). Let alone some of the airnet guys on here who although they have only been witht he company a few years have 2 to 3 times that amount...I know i had the most flight time in my initial class at my current employer...and what do you know, i was the only freight guy, the rest were regional carryovers and a couple military guys (who had the lowest flight times by the way). Also on the 500tt guys saying they are the best...well, there isn't a single one of those on this thread...the lowest time guys there must have 1000+, so again, i must say there is another lack of knowledge of the company.

txpilot...you are right, no-one on here says they are better than glass pilots...but i did say that my skills have laxed a bit since moving into glass. I agree, your skills altogether go down once you rely on the glass, and i will always say that just from experience alone.

Oh ready2fly...did you open up something you don't want to be a part of...Vossman is right, the FD in the lears was pretty $hitty!!! I too will say that and back him up on it. I NEVER used the FD except for the requirement during training of using the AP to fly an approach (oh yeah, and when the guys at CAE would get on me about ALWAYS using it)...it sucked, so therefore every approach was done by hand no matter what. It was so far behind the airplane at times it scared me, i would rather hand fly than let the thing try to catch back up to itself close to mins in uneven terrain. If you have never flown it then you have no way to know and therefore have no opinion on its use and his statement. Plus, if you "need" a FD to shoot an approach then yes, you are a pu$$y, if you can't do it by hand then you have no right even attempting to try to fly one. I did get a little chuckle out of your other statement about the high time guys...but it was at you and not with you, sorry. Many of the high time guys stay because they are used tot he lifestyle and don't wish for it to change...it has nothing to do with the fact that they cannot be hired anywhere else...many people leave airnet for the airlines, and no, not just to the regionals. And i will agree with txpilot about not being able to "afford" to leave...once you start living the lifestyle you have with the money you are making it is hard to take a pay cut to go anywhere else, including the majors(and yes it is a pay cut)...just to put it into perspective pay wise, i got lucky, i took a job at the highest paying first year airline in the country right now and i still had to take a pay cut (albeit not a very big one), and i was there only 5+ years...now get a guy making much more than i was who was there for say 10 years (so maybe now he is 30...not all old codgers as you may think) and even coming here would be a big cut for him. Ok, so what about 55F...who cares about a hail storm...it's not the first time one of the Airnet planes went through one. And if you are refering to the fact that he purposely went through a hail storm then you are full of $hit...you CANNOT tell if the storm is producing hail or not until you fly into it, it is impossible. There are storms that shouldn't produce hail that do and then there are those that should produce it and they don't...hmmmm go figure!! Also as far as he being a cowboy just because he got a little hail on a bird then you are again gravely mistaken, i had a friend (many of us know him...good ole Crazy Bob) who happened to go through a hailstorm, does that make him a cowboy, or does the fact that he was flying around a couple storms when one produced a tornado and as he tried to avoid that storm his only out was by turning into a storm that just happened to have hail in it make him a cowboy...

Oh well, i guess i will go look at some other threads now, i spent enough time on this one for awhile...

C-141/C-5 said:
Why are people on this thread talking about flying at night like it's some challenge??? If they really believe what they're saying I don't want them in the sky with me because they are obviously lacking in simple flying basics.

FMS is a Flight Management System
GPS is a Global Positioning System
HOW CAN YOU SAY IT"S LIKE A FANCY GPS??? The FMS does multiple things(TOLD,Flight plans, Progress, Drift,ETC) and might use the GPS as a component(your so called form of navigation), but in no way is the GPS a FMS

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU POST

ONE MORE THING! MACHOISM GETS PEOPLE KILLED! I've flown all over the world: night, day, sand storms, T-storms, snow storms, missle storms, ETC. I think you get my point. Why not have the gadgets to make you more situational aware?, why not use the autopilot when your flying at the 23rd hour of your 24 hour day? USE ALL YOUR EQUIPMENT TO THE FULLEST! But stay proficient with your hands

Nobody said anything about being more then raw data equipped being a bad thing. Some numbnuts came in decided that anyone that uses raw data cannot possibly be a good pilot, which is far from the truth. Fact is, having two VORs and an ADF is like not using a caculator in math class. It should be respected. No disrepect for any technology from me though...I know it's good for us.

And secondly, I'm embarassed. Act your Grade!

starchkr said:
Ahhh...more time to waste, let me write some stuff up here...

Hydroflyer...yeah, i believe he was refering to the fact that i fly the bus now and that it just happens to be made if France...which in all reality only some assembly is done in France, and a lot more is done in Germany...so would it be German then hmmmm...I don't know...but to respond to him on that one...I wanted to work for this company for many years, not because of what they fly, but because of the environment and the people here, they just happen to fly the Airbus...pretty simple.

I do like the statement about flying 150kts in props...here's someone who really knows what he's talking about...yeah right. I guess he knows absolutely nothing about the company...like has been said they also fly lears...and doing 150 in the lear is just about stupid!!! I guess he doesn't know the Airnet profiles either...i always liked doing 200 to the marker and getting it configured as required when shooting approaches to mins...you WILL NOT see the military doing that, they are just like the 121 carriers, configured outside the marker and lsowed to approach speed...talk about easy!!!

5 times the hours thing was also pretty darn hilarious...maybe he doesn't realize that when he buys a plane ticket on a regional carrier that the possibility of his flight crew having only a couple thousand hours TT combined is very high (not saying it is always that way, but the odds are VERY good). Let alone some of the airnet guys on here who although they have only been witht he company a few years have 2 to 3 times that amount...I know i had the most flight time in my initial class at my current employer...and what do you know, i was the only freight guy, the rest were regional carryovers and a couple military guys (who had the lowest flight times by the way). Also on the 500tt guys saying they are the best...well, there isn't a single one of those on this thread...the lowest time guys there must have 1000+, so again, i must say there is another lack of knowledge of the company.

txpilot...you are right, no-one on here says they are better than glass pilots...but i did say that my skills have laxed a bit since moving into glass. I agree, your skills altogether go down once you rely on the glass, and i will always say that just from experience alone.

Oh ready2fly...did you open up something you don't want to be a part of...Vossman is right, the FD in the lears was pretty $hitty!!! I too will say that and back him up on it. I NEVER used the FD except for the requirement during training of using the AP to fly an approach (oh yeah, and when the guys at CAE would get on me about ALWAYS using it)...it sucked, so therefore every approach was done by hand no matter what. It was so far behind the airplane at times it scared me, i would rather hand fly than let the thing try to catch back up to itself close to mins in uneven terrain. If you have never flown it then you have no way to know and therefore have no opinion on its use and his statement. Plus, if you "need" a FD to shoot an approach then yes, you are a pu$$y, if you can't do it by hand then you have no right even attempting to try to fly one. I did get a little chuckle out of your other statement about the high time guys...but it was at you and not with you, sorry. Many of the high time guys stay because they are used tot he lifestyle and don't wish for it to change...it has nothing to do with the fact that they cannot be hired anywhere else...many people leave airnet for the airlines, and no, not just to the regionals. And i will agree with txpilot about not being able to "afford" to leave...once you start living the lifestyle you have with the money you are making it is hard to take a pay cut to go anywhere else, including the majors(and yes it is a pay cut)...just to put it into perspective pay wise, i got lucky, i took a job at the highest paying first year airline in the country right now and i still had to take a pay cut (albeit not a very big one), and i was there only 5+ years...now get a guy making much more than i was who was there for say 10 years (so maybe now he is 30...not all old codgers as you may think) and even coming here would be a big cut for him. Ok, so what about 55F...who cares about a hail storm...it's not the first time one of the Airnet planes went through one. And if you are refering to the fact that he purposely went through a hail storm then you are full of $hit...you CANNOT tell if the storm is producing hail or not until you fly into it, it is impossible. There are storms that shouldn't produce hail that do and then there are those that should produce it and they don't...hmmmm go figure!! Also as far as he being a cowboy just because he got a little hail on a bird then you are again gravely mistaken, i had a friend (many of us know him...good ole Crazy Bob) who happened to go through a hailstorm, does that make him a cowboy, or does the fact that he was flying around a couple storms when one produced a tornado and as he tried to avoid that storm his only out was by turning into a storm that just happened to have hail in it make him a cowboy...

Oh well, i guess i will go look at some other threads now, i spent enough time on this one for awhile...

What about Cesar?

Who the F**K is Cesar?! Maybe i am missing something in your question, but i don't know a Cesar...

Latest resources

Back