• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

airnet SIC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OUCH!!!!!! Feel the burn, feel the pain...the pain of an aching bank account. How are those food stamps treatin' ya? :laugh:

Can you guys give some advice on how to really prepare for the interview and what to expect, and how many of the poeple they interview get the job, basically are they very selective? What are they really looking for? I heard its no walk in the park, I really want to fly for Air net, but I don't want to mess up the interview.

Any advice would help,
Thanks

starcheckdriver said:
But, our messed up, incorrect paychecks are still more than your paycheck Purvis!

Yes you are right. Your paychecks are larger than mine, but are you enjoying life as much as I? Are you content with what you have? There will never be enough money in the world to make someone fully happy if they are seeking contentment in money and things. Just look at other threads on these forums. Everyone is always complaining about their paychecks, and how it's never enough.

That is where I see a problem with society these days. They need to sit back and look for contentment in what they DO have. My old girlfriend always said, and I would have to agree, "Count your blessings." Look at the bright side of things in life. You have food on the table, a roof over your head, air to breath, you can wake up everymorning (or night for you starcheckers) knowing that you have freedom of speech and don't have to fear for your life in the middle of a warzone. You have a healthy body capable of flying an airplane, while others just wonder how they are going to feed themselves with dehibilitating circumstances that life has dealt them. Yet even those people perservere and find joy in life, despite their circumstances. I admire those individuals. Imagine yourself working 40hrs a week at Wal-Mart on minimum wage. Doesn't sound like fun does it? Be thankful that you can make a paycheck and provide for your basic needs doing something you love to do. If we are soo focused on finding contentment in what we don't have and being under the impression that a bigger paycheck and more toys will bring that fulfillment, we will never be happy. The man who dies with the most toys, STILL DIES.

Have you ever taken a moment out of your busy day to do something for someone else. The joy and self gratitude that one can get knowing that they have touched someone else's life far exceeds any joy that one can get from money and "toys." That is where the extra time off that I have experienced lately has really blessed my life. I've had the opportunity to invest my time into others lives. Ya, I do hang out alot on these boards, but to stay in touch with friends I have made along the way. I still go back to the Wal-Mart I worked at over 5 years ago and visit with those friends too. There is a lady there that I used to work with that is suffering from breast cancer, the same thing my mom suffered from over 5 years ago. Having the time to be able to talk to her and give her a hug and a little bit of encouragement brings more joy to my life than having a few extra dollars in my wallet.

Did you ever see the movie "Shallow Hal." Did you see the look on Hal's face when he saw the girl in the burn victim and felt compassion for her. He didn't need a gorgeous girl and all the other things that society looks for in life to be happy. He realized how blessed he was and found satisfaction in knowing that when he had a different perspective on life and looked at the inner beauty of people, he was able to touch another person's life. He wasn't thinking of himself, but rather thinking about others and that gave him the joy in his life.

So, a bigger paycheck would not give me the joy that this extra time has given me. It has been time to invest myself into others and bring joy to their lives. Bringing a smile to someone else's face is what brings my happiness. How will people think of you after you die? What type of a legacy will you leave behind? I encourage you do go do something for someone else. You are blessed with that larger paycheck, make something of it.

OK, enough preaching. Fly Safe Everyone.

USC328
Ryan Purvis

P.S. - I do know that I have made a huge point in last posts regarding money and how second year pay at regionals will pay more than AirNet. I still stand by those facts, but I do know that that is not where I am going to find happiness. I will, however, give me more resources to be able to reach out to others. Wouldn't it feel great to be able to financially assist hurricane victims in their time of need. That higher income will make that possible, while ultimately still providing for my basic needs that I am so blessed to have.

purvis...i've been talking it over with some guys, and unless you made out with this chick 2 or more times, you can't claim her as your ex-gf. i don't make the rules, i merely enforce them.

We dated for 4 months, just before I came to AirNet. But IF we must go by your standards, then I guess we never dated :)

USC328

Alright FINE...i'll answer Gelopilot79's questions... dang people, all intrigued by Purvis and all...he he he *whistling innocently* "i'll get to purvis in just a minute" :D

The interview huh...well it has been a few years since i went through, but for the most part i believe it has not changed much. You will do a written test, mostly questions from the ATP gleim...all 61/91 stuff no 135 at all. Also there should be no w/b problems or computational crap like fuel burn fro a to b and such...real easy overall on that part. Next would be the sim...Frasca 142 ( i believe) which is very sensitive and will make any veteran pilot feel like crap after using it for the "first" time...so don't worry too much about that, just keep up your scan and read the gouge they give you ahead of time for power settings and stuff like that. They really want to see that scan, AND REMEMBER, THERE ARE TWO SETS OF INSTRUMENTS IN THE SIM, so always cross check the two AI's and make sure you recognize when they fail the capt's on you. Then the final part is the face to face(i believe it is still with Washka), they will get technical with you on this one about the a/c (multi) you have flown the most recently...basic stuff. Also he will get into the HR type questions with you...then thats pretty much it.

As far as being difficult...well, i really didn't find it that tough, and i am sure they are selective...how selective i don't know. Just go in there with lots of studying done on the 61/91 stuff and the a/c you have flown most recently and you should be good...oh yeah, yu should probably show some great enthusism for the job and a willingness to stay for awhile...that always helps in getting the job.

OK, so now on to Purvis....

MY PAYCHECK IS NEVER ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially to afford living here in CO like i used to other places with this company...

Man you trip me up Purvis...I really do not know how to respond humorously to your book above...hmmmmmm......??????????????? :confused: Give me awhile, i'll be back and think of something catchy.

USC328 said:
What up fellow Starcheckers?? Enjoy your prop days, YOU WILL MISS THEM.

Absolutely right...I don't miss the schedule...but I really miss flying around in a Baron every night. Most fun I've ever had in an airplane.

Thanks so much for your detailed info on the interview, and most of all, thanks for actually answering my questions after all this "paycheck" chatting. Geeze, I thought I was going to have to start jumping and yelling and send out flares to get at least one person to attend to the question. . lol
But again, thanks starchckr, I been priming up for my CFII checkride so I feel I am pretty OK with instrument and 91/61 stuff. Plus I flew the frasca a slew of times, but recently I only flew it once in the past 6 months, I guess I'll see if I can get more time in it to carve up my "frasca" skills.

Hope to see u guys on the line!

Oh, and you can all go back to your previous debate. . sorry for the distraction. .:D

Latest resources

Back