• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

airnet SIC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh, I see the rear window now... by bad, thought it was a BE-58. The plane that I'm talking about at Airnet, had the same paint job. Take it easy!

LAFrequentflyer Overall yes Airnet is a good company to work for. You definately could make it your final stop or a semi-permanent one and be happy. There are very few places in the aviation world that you are home every day, have every weekend off and the company has never furloged a pilot. The downside is if you like sleeping next to your wife you won't during the week. Most of the flying is at night. There are few if any regular day runs (I think there are a couple these days). The company is still working on diversification after the passage of Check 21. Which means some runs are changeing and they have been known to close a base or two on people. However if you pick a base with a large number of airplanes once you get the seniority you won't need to worry about moving just switching runs. It also mean you would have the chance to go to the passenger side if at some point you wanted to do that instead. In my opinion you will not get better civilian experience anywhere else as far as flying goes. If you have more questions feel free to PM me.

CFI4LIFE said:
Purvis stop with the lies!! You know regionals don't pay better second year than Airnet! You know that very FEW people actually make base pay here! We all know you are just trying to justify your leaving even though you know it was a mistake. You probably spend more time on the starcheck website than any current employee!!
:beer:

Aww, Not again!! Do I have to post the comparison pay scales for second year regional versus second year AirNet. Okay, You asked for it. And in more detail this time.

AirNet: 2nd Year (Already on the jet)

$11.12/hr (first year prop) + $2.88 = $14.00/hr x 3% raise = $14.42/hr

Base Salary= $29,993.60
$14.42 X 40hrs/wk = $576.80 X 52 wks = $29,993.60

SkyWest: 2nd Year

Base Salary = $31,086.00
$34.54 x 75/hr month guarantee = $2590.50 X 12 = $31,086.00

Now granted, most AirNet pilots make more than base, but soo do SkyWest pilots. SkyWest lines average 87 hrs a month. Therefore:

$34.54 x 87 = $3004.98 X 12 = $36059.76

In order for an AirNet pilot to make $36059.76, he/she must average 48-49hrs a week. (this calculation does not take into consideration 10.1-12 hrs at time and a quarter and 12.1+ hrs at time and a half. Look further down, the later calculation takes that into consideration.)

48hrs = $35,992.32
49hrs = $36,742.16

Then you must take into consideration per diem.

Most AirNet pilots will get NONE since they are home everyday.

SkyWest pilots do mostly 4 day trips which seem to average 75hrs TAFB (time away from base) They are paid $1.60/hr. Therefore, per month they average 300hrs TAFB or 3600hrs a year TAFB.

3600 X $1.60 = $5760

Add that to their already $36059.76 and you got $41,819.76.

If you want to get really technical. The $5760 is taxfree. You can take 25% taxes from both incomes:

AirNet (49hrs a week) : $36,742.16 - 25% = $27,556.62 net
SkyWest (87hrs and TAFB) : $41,819.76 - 25% of ($36059.76) = $32,804.82

Hmm, looks like a second year FO at SkyWest beats a second year AirNet pilot by $5,248.20 net.

I do understand that AirNet pilots can work more hours, but so can SkyWest pilots. This coming month, the largest credit available line at SkyWest is 105.28 hrs with TAFB at a low 189.28. A second year FO on that line will make: $3939.22 that month. That would equal for the year $47,270.62 if he/she got that line 12 months straight.

A second year Lear FO at AirNet would have to work the following in 4 days:

40 hrs X $14.42 = $576.80
8 hrs X $18.02 (1.25%) = $144.16
8.69 hrs X $21.63 (1.5%) = $187.64
Grand Total for the week = 56.69 hrs worked = $908.60 X 52wks = $47,247
AirNet Lear FO would have to rig 14.17 hrs per night to accomplish this.

Had enough? I'm ready for a rebuttal.

Don't even get me started on third year. AirNet's new 3% pay increase falls far short of the SkyWest hourly increase on the payscale. From then on, AirNet just continues to fall behind further on the payscales. Talk to some Lear captains. You might find out that you will get a pretty good consensus on how they feel now since they never made the jump. Besides a few, there is little to no movement from Lear Captain to anything in the airlines (major wise).

Oh, SkyWest has also never furloughed a pilot and our stock has doubled in the past year.

I am quite confident in my choice to leave for the regionals based on the above facts. I'll be sure to let you know if/when I change my mind.

:eek: :confused: Purvis....really man, how long did it take you to figure out how many hours a Lear pilot would have to fly to make $47,247...seriously man, how long did it take??? I would have been confused after the base pay part...probably because i do not get paid enough to figure out the rest :D .

I must agree however, that Purvis is right....his high hour line for second year f/o is actually close to what i am making as a 5th year Lr capt, just about $4,000 short actually, and yes, i do have overtime on this run...well my old run now i guess, but i am still flying it. So, yes you will make more at a regional, i know it is hard to admit, but if you look into it, you too will see that he is right...it's just that crazy first year pay that really stinks.

CFI4LIFE said:
Get a life Purvis! Seriously!

Now that I'm back on the day schedule, I really DO have a life. Yesterday for example. Church in the am. Hung out with friends in afternoon. Went for a bikeride. Had dinner with the family and friends. Orchechstra in the evening followed by more hanging out with friends and playing games. (Guillotine, NO, NOT THOSE GAMES) Thank you for your concern though.

Starchker, the math was simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and divistion. I used to do it all the time when I was at AirNet to verify my paychecks. I'd advise that of EVERYONE at AirNet. I caught numerous mistakes. I was probably C. Noll's least favorite pilot considering he always had an e-mail or voicemail from me Friday morning after payday. Anyways, to answer your question of how long: About 15 minutes. Just worked the problem backwards from how much the AirNet pilot needed to make, then plugged in the hourly wages (100%,125%,150%).

Have fun at work this week everyone. I must admit, Reserve is like vacation. I get more time to hang with friends, and STILL GET PAID. Talk to ya all later.

USC328

P.S.- Winter is coming along with Ski Season. Wahoo!!

Floaters, (cough cough) sorry, reserve pilots get screwed more in my opinion on the paychecks. You have alot more paperwork to fill out and more chances for them to mess up your per diem, travel pay, floater pay (whoops, don't get that anymore, sorry to open old wounds) and overtime pay on a specific route. Either way, Don't get me wrong. They ALWAYS corrected it with a little bit of prodding on my part. Usually took alot of extra bookkeeping and 1-2 pay periods to clear up the previous pay errors.

USC328

Latest resources

Back