• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bigbenno

The Dude....
To all you freighter dudes.....

Looking back, would you have rather gone to a regional airline if you had the chance, or are you glad you are in cargo?

I have the option to go to either one..... cant decide..... if i go to a regional i will probably sit right seat for 4 or 5 years.

If i go to airnet i guess i could upgrade to sic in the lear in a year and possibly left seat of the lear in another year or two after that...

Tough call... Any suggestions???

Go with Airnet. The regionals are prbably going to pay you two thirds or even half of what you'd make here starting out. sure it's a prop instead of one of those big glamorous jets, and sure you don't get to wear the snazzy uniform and epaulettes. But you've got job security and better QOL over the regionals. And I know there are all those out there who will say this place is going down the tubes, but there have been some major changes around here lately. With the exception of one individual, the entire bad apple management of Jetride has been flushed down the crapper where they belonged. They're not being replaced with better personnel who have the ability to think. Now if we could just get that shareholder's meeting over with so we can toss the worthless CEO out on his butt where HE belongs, all would be good in the world.

Worked at AirNet for 1 1/2 years. Loved the flying, but hated the schedule. Flying in the middle of the night isn't for eveyone. I made the jump to the regionals at the end of last year. I really love it here. Lots more time off, day time flying and at my company I think the job security might be a little better than what I left at AirNet at the time. The money sucks the first year, but you know that going in.

I wouldn't trade my time at AirNet for anything. Certainly gives you much more confidence in your decision making process. I had a blast there and miss that type of flying a lot.

Realize that commuting is much tougher at AirNet than the regionals, if that's a factor for you.

Good luck in the decision.

Princedietrich said:
Go with Airnet. The regionals are prbably going to pay you two thirds or even half of what you'd make here starting out. sure it's a prop instead of one of those big glamorous jets, and sure you don't get to wear the snazzy uniform and epaulettes. But you've got job security and better QOL over the regionals. And I know there are all those out there who will say this place is going down the tubes, but there have been some major changes around here lately. With the exception of one individual, the entire bad apple management of Jetride has been flushed down the crapper where they belonged. They're not being replaced with better personnel who have the ability to think. Now if we could just get that shareholder's meeting over with so we can toss the worthless CEO out on his butt where HE belongs, all would be good in the world.

Hey Princedietrich,

Just wondering who you fly the 727 for and if you went from the Lr-35 to the 727. That is what I'm hoping to do after I get on with Airnet.

The 727 was something I did in a former life, back when I had an airline gig and got furloughed with no possibility of callback. So now I'm a freight doggy.

bigbenno said:
To all you freighter dudes.....

Looking back, would you have rather gone to a regional airline if you had the chance, or are you glad you are in cargo?

I have the option to go to either one..... cant decide..... if i go to a regional i will probably sit right seat for 4 or 5 years.

If i go to airnet i guess i could upgrade to sic in the lear in a year and possibly left seat of the lear in another year or two after that...

Tough call... Any suggestions???

I hear that Airnet is down sizing. I think that I would go and fly a RJ.

I did the airnet thing and then the regional thing. 4 years after starting with airnet I am sitting left seat on the erj. I say do both.

exchexflyer said:
I did the airnet thing and then the regional thing. 4 years after starting with airnet I am sitting left seat on the erj. I say do both.

Are you with xjet?

An ERJ is more comfortable than either the Baron or the Lear 25/35. Go to the airlines (If COEX is an option, go for it - they are stable and adding new routes all the time). Do you like unloading cargo? I wouldn't every night.

Latest resources

Back