Airnet or Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
freemind270 said:
dude that is the most retarted quote i have heard all day, QOL sucks big donkey d&*** you have to be on the night schedule that screws your body in the long run,

and you can not have a regular life and have meaningful and fulfilling relationships with girls or family , especially if you commute

but if you dont have a life , no girls no friends , no family and if your hand is your best friend then night freight is the place for you

do your one year get the experience and go to a good regional that is what i did

As per higher pay now that does not make any sense , it does not matter what you earn now what matters is how fast you can get into the job that you will retire at you will make a lot of money there in the last few years compared to what you make now remember we all 121 guys have to retire at 60

Airnet to majors is not happening during my time there i did not see a single lear captain get hired by the majors and jetblue ,southwest fedex etc had been hiring

Ok, well if YOU want to get furloughed after 2 months on the job and never get called back, and if YOU want to live on foodstamps, and if YOU want to pull 16 hour duty days with 9 legs and no lunch break, and if YOU don't want to be at home every night in your own bed, then by all means consider me a retard. I guarantee that any freight dog on this forum could fly circles around your pansy RJ-flying ass.

Here's a dollar, go buy yourself a clue.

OK...no one says freight flying is easy...but as a freight mutt for over 6 years, I say no one in the industry has more fun. You could try another company if you don't like the year contract. It might have changed since I was there, but Flight Express used to be only a six month deal.
I now fly on-demand freight, and yes QOL could be better in some ways, but I still managed to meet a woman, get married, and have a baby with only 8 days a month at home. I'm planning on sticking with freight for my career.

Now if only UPS would call...

Princedietrich said:
Ok, well if YOU want to get furloughed after 2 months on the job and never get called back, and if YOU want to live on foodstamps, and if YOU want to pull 16 hour duty days with 9 legs and no lunch break, and if YOU don't want to be at home every night in your own bed, then by all means consider me a retard. I guarantee that any freight dog on this forum could fly circles around your pansy RJ-flying ass.

Here's a dollar, go buy yourself a clue.

Dude, quit sipping the kool-aid down at LCK. I am sure Airnet is a great place, but THERE ARE better jobs out there. Personally, I don't see the QOL in working a 10 hr duty day with 6-8 hours flying from 10pm-8am.

And to the job security thing.......I'll let others chime in on that.

Art V.

Last edited:
Oh, I forgot to answer the original question. GO FLY FREIGHT, but only at a good company. Airnet, Ram Air, Flight Express, etc. come to mind.

Just take a look at the regionals board and see the amount of complaints compared to this board. Almost every post there is a rant, and the freight dogs here still actually talk about loving their jobs.
Good luck with your choice.

Art V.

freemind270 said:
and you can not have a regular life and have meaningful and fulfilling relationships with girls or family , especially if you commute

but if you dont have a life , no girls no friends , no family and if your hand is your best friend then night freight is the place for you

If you are still calling them "girls," I'd say chances for success are pretty slim as it is.

-Goose

I did my time at Airnet..... I wouldnt give up my experience at Airnet for anything...but now after being gone from ANS for a year and a half...i work half as much and half as hard and get to overnight almost anywhere in the US, Canada, and Mexico that I want. Plus I make more money I would have if i was still at Airnet. I now hold 14 days off with day trips so I can be home in my bed every NIGHT (yes I said NIGHT...when us normal people sleep...haha jk to my buddies who still fly frieght). Flying at Airnet was a great experience, but everyone I have talked to that has left for other jobs have had no regrets. But there are some lifers out there and if your ideal quality of life is rolling out of bed in your sweats at 9pm and working till the sun comes up than maybe thats where you belong. As far as the airlines being boring....I pretty much fly where I want, whatever days I want and with different pilots....how about Airnet........see the same airports every night and same pilots....wow that 60 degree bank was cool.....how lets shoot that appch into UCA like we have done every night for the last 3 years.

Last edited:
go fly freight

Airnet

Make you strong like bull

absolutely right ------------flying for airnet will make you a better pilot in the long run when i was there , saw all kinds of weather made a lot of decisions.

but still QOL = 0

i would not give up my time as a starchecker for anything i still have the freight dog sticker on my flight bag . :) and sometimes i hear a starcheck check in with approach i smile. ( i dont know why??????)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back