Airnet or Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dave Benjamin said:
One thing I'm seeing in this thread are signs of immaturity. Guys that are complaining about preceding aircraft flying stabilized approaches need to get their heads out of their posterior. If you want to be a professional learn to fly like one. Most FOM's require you to be stabilized at 1000 AGL which equates to about 3 miles out. I get paid by the minute. The company tellls me how they want their multi-million dollar investments operated. Some freight dog getting upset at slowing or having to do a missed because of lack of situational awareness doesn't bother me one bit. I flew a fair amount of 135 frieght and the lack of professionalism bothered me then and some of the inane comments I've seen are reminders of that nonsense.

Please tell me that's not directed at the entire freight flying community!:confused:

come to comair

starcheckers if you want to come to Comair , send in your stuff we are hiring like crazy.

reserve was not bad and 1st year pay is one of the best in the industry and if you bid smart you can earn lots of extra $$

good luck:)

Last edited:
Sgt. Hartman said:
Please tell me that's not directed at the entire freight flying community!:confused:

Definitely not. However there are some cowboy pilots out there that don't do the profession any favors. My comments here were directed at the whiners complaining about flying into airports served by 121 carriers and having to slow down behind aircraft flying a stabilized approach.

There is some excellent talent in the 135 freight community that I respect as top notch professionals. But if you're one of the guys inventing your own approaches and busting minimums to get the job done I hope I'm nowhere in the vicinity if you create a smoking hole.

In defense of freight dawgs who act like professionals every night, especially in regards to the Airnet pilots that I work with nightly....

Our pilots are some of the best in the industry, IMHO. They are safe, efficient and fly our company profiles. Our profiles (FAA approved for those wondering) are fast, yet safe. Our Lears cross the marker at 200 and eventually slow to REF+10 fully configured by minimums. Just because we shoot fast approaches with a constantly changing airspeed to minimums does not mean they are unstabilized or unsafe. We conduct our operations in a safe and controlled manner every night.

For those that do not and make a bad name for 135 freight, all I can say is that there are a few bad apples in every comapny and every segment of the aviation industry. I do not lose respect for or put down regional pilots. Sure, they might slow us down, but they have to fly what they were approved for. But, please don't think freight dawgs are unsafe because our approved profiles are fast.

Airnet has one of the best safety records in the 135 freight world and we intend to keep it that way. And for you regional pilots, keep up the good work in getting me and my family safely from point A to B and we'll get your packages safely to/from as well.

there is a huge difference between a stabilized approach and a slow approach. It's entirely possible for a learjet to hit the marker at 200 knots clean, hit DH at Ref+10 in landing config, and be perfectly stabilized all the way down.

Princedietrich said:
there is a huge difference between a stabilized approach and a slow approach. It's entirely possible for a learjet to hit the marker at 200 knots clean, hit DH at Ref+10 in landing config, and be perfectly stabilized all the way down.

Could not have been said any better!

Dave Benjamin said:
Definitely not. However there are some cowboy pilots out there that don't do the profession any favors. My comments here were directed at the whiners complaining about flying into airports served by 121 carriers and having to slow down behind aircraft flying a stabilized approach.

Whether or not anyone wants to admit it, "cowboy pilots" make it to all facets of aviation, yes that includes 121 carriers. As far as having to slow down for another jet flying a stabilized approach, I find it doesn't happen all that often (unless you are going out of your way to accomplish this). Plenty of airlines keep their speed up when the weather is nice. But when it's clear and million and some rj is doing 120 across the ground 7 miles out because they get "paid by the minute", well that is just ridiculous.

This thread is fun...i like the freight guys bashing the regional guys, and the regional guys TRYING to make an educated comeback to the freight guys. It seems as though there is a rift in our aviation community....oooohhhhhhhh wait, there is and it all starts with the uptight, over zealous, "i'm better than you because i fly for a regional" guys. What is it with the egos needed to fly people around, to have a desk jockey tell you when you can and cannot go fly, or even to fly slow down an approach because of "I get paid by the minute" attitudes. Which by the way, i get paid by the minute as well, but i sure as HE!! don't want to grow old and grey waiting for you to fly that slow A$$ approach in VFR conditions when i would like to go home. Oh yeah sorry, i meant to say...come on guys there is no need for all this bashing and mockery going on here...but the other stuff slipped out in a delerious stupor...ah heck, really i meant to say it all, i like messing with everyone...but i still meant it all as well.

;) :) :D

Latest resources

Back