• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flying2jd

Airnet interview
Ok, I guess I need to change my thread.
Now I need to know what the actual interview gouge is.
Just completed the phone and recieved an interview date.
Any feedback on what kind of company they are would be helpful too...

I been very interested in Airnet. I am wondering what are the chances of getting hired having 575+ hours TT, and currently have 54 multi, but right now am in progress of getting more having just been able to split some time with another pilot so the multi will be getting higher soon. I am currently working on my CFII and work as a jump pilot in a C182.

A friend of mine is working with them now in the Lear's and he said they really need pilots these days. You think I should apply now and see what happens? Any info would be great!

Gelopilot79,

You won't get hired if you don't apply. They do hire VFR 135 Minimums I do believe. Good Luck.

If you want to work for AirNet or any other 135 operator, you need to get away from flying jumpers- otherwise you'll have trouble meeting the cross country, night, and instrument requirements for 135 PIC.

Thats what I been told by my buddy with Airnet, to apply and give it a shot.
As for the jump pilot gig, I got into that just to build my total time, and thats all. and its just a weekend gig. I am flying during the week working on my CFI which gives me the instrument time a bit and X-c, and flying the multi spliting it with a friend is giving me more X-c time along with multi time.
Thanks for all the info guys, I think I will get my stuff together for application, and just wait and see what happens, and I will update it as I finish my CFI stuff.

Looking through the gouges on aviation interviews - Airnet is currently hiring SIC's with around 1000 TT - lowest I saw was 800.

Not to say that they wouldn't hire lower, but at less than 600 TT you'll be sitting in the right seat for awhile in an airplane they could just have 1 person in. Doesn't make much business since.

Get your TT up. Also, remember the 500 xcty requirement is just point to point, not > 50nm for the 135.243(c) mins.

~wheelsup

wheelsup said:
Looking through the gouges on aviation interviews - Airnet is currently hiring SIC's with around 1000 TT - lowest I saw was 800.

Not to say that they wouldn't hire lower, but at less than 600 TT you'll be sitting in the right seat for awhile in an airplane they could just have 1 person in. Doesn't make much business since.

Get your TT up. Also, remember the 500 xcty requirement is just point to point, not > 50nm for the 135.243(c) mins.

~wheelsup

SIC in a baron?

Bryan D said:

What are the requirements/time to upgrade at HAirnet?

I assume you are asking time requirements for the Lear. They are 2000TT and either 500 multi or 500 Caravan. Don't worry! You will have these time requirements long before your senority allows you to hold a Lear position.

Latest resources

Back