Airnet Hopefull

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guillotine007 said:
if by higher qualifications you mean "did zero handflying in a glass cockpit the last two years and would never make it out of training"....no, i don't think we get many apps from disgruntled airline guys. But it would be fun to watch them crash repeatedly in the sim.

G007
Why are you so concerned about their ability to hand fly an airplane

I'm pretty sure those disgruntled regional pilots can't even remember how to start a piston engine airplane. making the handflying impossible.

Guillotine007 said:
the sim isn't hard to start thankfully
Yeah but those frascas are touchy. It's probably harder than running a checklist, which is easier than the hand flying that he obviously doesn't do unless we are counting M$FT flight simulator

Last edited:
mcjohn said:
Probably none of my business but I'm sure it would help out a lot of folks here if you guys could elaborate on why Airnet would not hire you right away.
What's the possibility of many disgruntled regional airline guys swamping airnet with higher qualification resumes in their rush to get out of the regionals?

Well I was considering going big on this one. Just to make sure other guys have a chance getting in with Airnet. First of all this was my first real aviation interview. I did a lot of things I would have done differently. Just about everything that went wrong was due to me except for a few small things. I don't know what went right during the phone interview process but I was myself and I answered all the questions truthfully. They were all simple and I think there is already a lot of information on this thread about it.

I called them for a follow up and asked if they would like to meet me in person. It seemed that the call (interest) prompted them to say sure come on out for an interview. I had to fly with the airlines to Columbus because I was too far away to get a ride in on the airnet system. The trip cost me about 400 bucks but they said they would pay for 300 of it.

I set the date of the interview because I had to get tickets. I didn't want to waste any time but this was a mistake. I should have waited because I had a trip to Jackson hole and British Columbia with a student. I didn't have much time to prepare for the interview and I was not able to call Airnet about not receiving an email that had some very important documents.

Called Airnet about the email and they sent one to me in about an hour. Too bad that this was less then 24 hours before I left for Columbus. The email contains a huge application that should take a normal person about 3 to 5 hours depending on what kind of records they have kept for the past 10 years! Needless to say filling out the application by hand the night before the interview doesn't yield good results. Also I was not able to study the profile for the sim that came with the email because I was working on the application.

The written test is a piece of cake. However, you have to be careful because the question numbers don't match up with the answer sheet. Pay attention at the beginning of the test and you'll figure it out no problem.

The in person interview is pretty mellow. Criag seems like a nice enough guy. He asked me which light twin I was current in. I should have insisted in answering questions about the CJ1 but I told him I was familiar with the Seminole. Big mistake. I didn't do well on the technical interview. Be sure to be familiar with a light twin even if you have never flown it. Just read up on the engines landing gear and electrical systems and you'll be ok.

The sim ride wasn't great. I never strayed of altitude too far or lost control of the sim but I didn't have my engine shutdown checklists down. I hadn't done enough piston engine out procedures and it showed. If your 1/2 current the rest of the sim ride isn't that bad just keep in mind I got like 4 engine failures. Also the guy conducting the sim ride was a little rude. He started saying something about items that weren't on the checklist. I didn't want to get into it with him because it would be great to work for airnet. Be confident and stick up for yourself.

Not having a flight director wasn't too much of a challenge anyone with a good instrument background and some recent sim time shouldn't have a problem. Going from collins 21 to a frasca 6 pack is a bit of a shocker. I really only messed up one thing I mixed up nav 1 and 2. I think I saw an RNAV radio once before but never got to play around with it. I caught the mistake before it mattered but if anyone really wants a job with these guys get the sim prep the day before. I didn't know it was available and it would have made a huge difference.

Type up your application don't use a pen.

Bring all your documents in a little leather folder. You can get em at walmart for like 2 bucks.

Bring a notepad and a pen. Think of some questions to ask Craig about airnet. Take notes during the presentation.

Show up on time and act interested....

Why they didn't want me I think I know. I wasn't prepared and didn't show my best. Hopefully I can apply again.

Last edited:
not quite like that

not quite like that
GREEN MEANS---GO STRAIGHT
YELLOW MEANS--GO STRAIGHT
RED MEANS---TURN THE LIGHTS BRIGHT
PURPLE MEANS---GO AROUND...OR GO STRAIGHT IF YOUR LATE

If you want a job with Airnet, call Washka once a month. Thats how I've been with the net for 6 years. Just tell your want to work for Airnet, and that you want to make sure that we still have your resume.

Prop2Jet said:
REMEMBER THIS PEOPLE:

GREEN MEANS GO
YELLOW MEANS MAYBE
RED MEANS NO

you will understand at 2am in the midwest and your radar looks like a watercolor design!

Goodluck!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back